PDA

View Full Version : Starts, But Wont Validate

bigcbark
5th February 2013, 00:04
The mod starts up, but when steams tries to validate it, it never works. I know it isn't steams fault because when I tried other games they validated fine. I have reinstalled it, done everything, but nothing seems to work. Any help?

bigcbark
5th February 2013, 01:03
It had been happenening for a few days, so I didnt think that it could fix itself, who knew it could -_-

Paegus
5th February 2013, 09:25
...but when steams tries to validate it, it never works...

What exactly is steam validating? The mod's files?

This is a mod so steam shouldn't/can't validate the files. You can however validate the Source SDK Base 2006 fileset (on which Hidden:Source is based)

Make sure you have installed and can launch Steam Client > Library > Tools > Source SDK Base 2006 applicaiton

ado921
5th February 2013, 10:28
I think he might be talking about the issue where there's a Steam ID Verification error. Is that what you are speaking of? Can you run the game but not join servers?

bigcbark
6th February 2013, 19:45
I can't join the game. It is trying to validate the files of the game itself, as if I was playing a steam game.

bigcbark
6th February 2013, 19:54
You can however validate the Source SDK Base 2006 fileset Thanks for suggesting that, it worked! I knew it was installed, didnt think of validating it though.