PDA

View Full Version : Platform Error: module failed to initialize

BadHull
28th January 2013, 00:11
Well, i tried installing this mod so i can play it but when i try to open it, i have this message "Platform Error: module failed to initialize" and then the game stops working and closes. It's been about two days that i'm trying to fix this issue, with no success. Then i came to this forum to see if you guys can help me.
While i was trying to get a solution to this error, i found out that the error comes from the Source sdk base 2006, i tried reinstalling steam, the sdk base, the mod, but it didn't worked, i also tried the solution that steam gave to me, that is disabling the in-game community and nothing worked.
When i try to open the sdk base, it says the same thing: "Platform Error: module failed to initialize" and then it appears another window saying that the game has stopped working, there it says that scenefilecache.dll made the crash.
When i open The Hidden, it says that client.dll made the crash, maybe that info is useful.
Did anyone got the same problem?

ado921
28th January 2013, 05:33
Please state your OS and version, and a screenshot of the error.

BadHull
29th January 2013, 18:43
I'm using a Windows 7 64 bits fully updated.
There's a screenshot when i try to open The Hidden:

And when i try to open the SDK Base 2006, i see this:

Master of Puppets
29th January 2013, 20:00
Is your system overclocked? RAM in particular.

BadHull
29th January 2013, 22:23
Nope, i just overclocked my video card.

Master of Puppets
30th January 2013, 03:50
Cause i was getting a similar error after OC and that + some instability pointed me in the direction of bad RAM timings. Try to put the gpu on defaults and see if it helps. Worth a try imho, but i doubt such a gpu demanding game as hl2 is causing crashes :D

BadHull
30th January 2013, 16:55
Even without overclock the game isnt working. Well, i think the problem is in the SDK base 2006, 'cause when i try to open other games mades on this base, they also don't work.