PDA

View Full Version : A possible fix for hl2.exe has stopped working and a question.

NarutoKiller7
5th January 2013, 22:09
Ok, so its been a longtime since I have posted anything on here due to my loss of interest in this game because of hl2.exe has stopped working... But now it works fine. I fixed it by returning my OS to the out-of-box state through system recovery (factor imaging)... I backed up all my files and such and I factor imaged the whole drive and now I have an empty harddisk and a working Hidden!!:) So, now my question was how do I create a private server to play with a friend?? I tried create server and asked him to join it through console with the 127.0.0.1 ip and the port and it didnt work, tried it with my ip and the port and it still didnt work. And I cant add him as a friend either, so he can join me when im in my created server. If i try to join him,it says none of your friends are currently in a server. If possible how can I make my server appear on the main list and play with him? Ive seen the locked servers, they have names like "private hidden source server", so how can I do that?

ado921
5th January 2013, 22:24
If you are using the create server option from menu, create your server. Open console and then type sv_lan 0, this turns LAN off and will allow your friend and others to join. Those servers you mentioned though are most likely dedicated. You can set a up a dedicated server by downloading the files and update from HERE (http://www.hidden-source.com/downloads.htm) I literally just did it and it isn't too hard as long as you know how to do it, which I didn't. There are plenty of online tutorials to help you through it though.

NarutoKiller7
5th January 2013, 22:26
Thanks for the reply, after sv_lan 0, what does he have to do in order to join?

NarutoKiller7
10th January 2013, 22:59
O um, we tried it by friending each other on steam but after i place the command of sv_lan 0 into the console, it is accepted but when i type in just sv_lan, it says server is a lan (no bla bla bla), so it stays lan after sv_lan 0, i look into the lan tab in find servers and it shows my server... so it stays lan after the command, so my friend can join...

ado921
11th January 2013, 10:42
Whenever I did it, everyone was able to just join off of me through Steam friends list. Starting the server and sv_lan 0 are all the commands you need really, just make sure you are on a map he has so he can join.