PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Source Content in Gmod

Kin2InuYasha
20th December 2012, 21:46
Was anyone ever successful in getting hidden source content to show up in Gmod? I'm having problems for some reason.

I follow the instructions correctly in the HowToInstall.txt but the content doesn't seem to show up in Gmod.

the directories are as follows.

Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/myID/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons/hidden/All the content inside the hidden folder

I just copied the entire hidden directory into the addons folder, and dropped everything in the hidden-source folder into the hidden folder in gmod.

Thanks

ado921
26th December 2012, 04:26
That packet is for GMod 10 and 9, which are quite a time behind the current version. I was able to port the content from Hidden to Gmod, though it wasn't at all clean. What I did was I made a models folder in the Garrysmod/garrysmod folder, copied the models content from Hidden into there, then I just copy and pasted all materials that had to do with maps and such into the Garrysmod/garrysmod folder and let them merge with their respected folders. I don't know how stable this is, but it worked for me and got me started on my most recent art project. I'll see if I can make a .zip file containing everything you need to copy once I get back to my computer.