PDA

View Full Version : Hidden: Source displays in Steam, but when I click play nothing happens

mby_hm
10th December 2012, 04:54
I've tried multiple variations of reinstalling, rebooting, clicking before I launch HL2, HL2:LC, clicking after I launch either or both, and haven't had any success. The Play button shows up in Steam, but when I click it, nothing happens, no black screen, no window or anything. I looked in Task Manager under both Apps and Processes and don't see anything.

System stats:
Lenovo, Windows 7, Pentium Dual-Core, 3.00 GHz, 4.00 GM RAM, Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset adapter.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Paegus
10th December 2012, 10:51
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11420-Game-Will-Not-Start implies your SDK base 2006 is probably broken too?

Try loading the SDK base 2006 test engine...

mby_hm
11th December 2012, 00:02
HL2 is working - I thought that installed SDK base(?) Is there a place where I can download just the engine, or should I reinstall HL2? Thanks!

Paegus
11th December 2012, 06:39
Check in the tools section for sdk base. Install or reinstall the oldest one

mby_hm
14th December 2012, 23:05
I'm not sure which Tools section you're referring to. There is no Tools section in HL2, only an Options area. I looked through all of them and there was nothing there. I looked at the Steam application and couldn't find a Tools section. I also looked in in Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps folder and all of the sub-folders and couldn't find a Tools folder.

I have a Hidden and Hidden 4a folders, and I can't find any executable file, so I don't know how I'd launch it manually.

mby_hm
15th December 2012, 00:45
Ignore previous message - I found the instructions in the thread you linked to earlier.