PDA

View Full Version : I got banned 3 years ago?

mrkaki
27th October 2012, 16:28
This is pretty odd.

I was going to play this with my friend today when I found out that I'm banned in all of the servers.
Apparently after googling my steam ID I found out I was banned 3 years ago for wallhacking.

I don't remember that so I don't have any explanation for that scenario, but all I know is that it's currently stopping me from playing with my friend, or with anyone for that matter.
What's going on?

Oh, I forgot to mention my steam id. It's STEAM_0:1:9009822. There's a thread about the ban on the admin section from 2009: http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?10551-Mr.-Grumps-STEAM_0-1-9009822-Wallhack
Other than that I have no information.

Edit: I now realize this probably belongs to Server Admins forum. If you could move the thread that'd be nice.

Master of Puppets
27th October 2012, 19:15
I didn't review the demo, but since it was posted by Prince i don't really have to. For me its once a cheater, always a cheater. You should still have enough servers to play on with your friend.

mrkaki
27th October 2012, 20:56
That seems a bit unfair. I understand the priority of keeping a cheater free environment, and since this is a mod that I didn't pay for I have no right to complain, but I do believe I have the right for a second reassessment, or since the demo is down a second chance.

I have found a couple of servers to play with my friend, and thank you for that. But, while playing with my friend there were a couple of rounds in a row where I actually focused well enough to actually chase the hidden down and kill him. I still don't remember anything about that incident in 2009, but I would like to keep an open mind that it could've been a honest misunderstanding. Sadly, since KAC is a fairly reliable system I can't. So I really have no clue as to what happened.

I wouldn't want you to risk a growth spurt in ban appeals or even risk me as a cheater if you do really believe I am, so I understand that you chose to keep me banned. I hope that the list will at least be updated after hiddenite is released (that is if it will be).