PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun nerf?

ArchoN
21st October 2012, 21:34
Everyone is using it, and for good reason; not only does it get A LOT of ammo to waste, but it will easily take 617 down to half health from about 50m away with a direct hit which feels really cheap. It's not uncommon to see the last IRIS member winning a game simply because he sat in a corner with a shotgun and wasted 617 in one lucky shot. The shotgun is simply the best choice to take because 617 has to get in close to attack anyway, and the shotgun can kill 617 in one hit way before he can pigstick.

My suggestion(s);

Nerf shotgun damage, increase shotgun accuracy

And/or

Add a limit on amout of shotguns the IRIS can use depending on how many players are on the server E.G similar to the pipebomb mechanic for 617.

Bravo
21st October 2012, 21:36
And/Or get better as being the Hidden? :)

ArchoN
21st October 2012, 22:44
This is nothing to do with my skill as 617 (which might I add is not the issue here), the issue is the shotgun which is extremely frustrating to fight against when the entire IRIS team are using shotguns. You will get caught in the crossfire no matter how good you are as 617, even if you pounce in the air after a hit or crouch while attacking you will take hits from the hail of shotgun fire. Servers disable pigstick because it is an unfair instakilling attack, so why not have servers disable the shotgun? It's pretty much the same deal with that thing.

Sparks
21st October 2012, 23:55
And/Or get better as being the Hidden? :)
Actually it really has nothing to do with your skills as hidden, it's those pure luck kills that fuck up the game when a player with a shotgun randomly fires immediately when hit and luckily kills the hidden in that one shot.

Genre
22nd October 2012, 04:41
There are plenty of servers that have nerfed the shotgun on their own, but yeah, hidden skill is a factor. Instakills happen to me once in a while, yeah, but generally I do not have a problem dealing with a team full of shotguns. Learn how to pounce, save your grenades for the corner campers, or learn how to physkill. To say that your skill as the hidden is not a factor is foolish because there really is no excuse when you have so much mobility on your side to avoid being shot. If you're getting killed by reaction shots of IRIS panicking and spinning to shoot where they were hit, don't be there by the time they turn. Slash them by pouncing over their head so you're already long gone. Evenutally you'll figure it out.

Plude220
22nd October 2012, 14:04
I personally lowered shotgun damage on my server to prevent one hit kill with it.

Sparks
22nd October 2012, 14:53
There are plenty of servers that have nerfed the shotgun on their own, but yeah, hidden skill is a factor. Instakills happen to me once in a while, yeah, but generally I do not have a problem dealing with a team full of shotguns. Learn how to pounce, save your grenades for the corner campers, or learn how to physkill. To say that your skill as the hidden is not a factor is foolish because there really is no excuse when you have so much mobility on your side to avoid being shot. If you're getting killed by reaction shots of IRIS panicking and spinning to shoot where they were hit, don't be there by the time they turn. Slash them by pouncing over their head so you're already long gone. Evenutally you'll figure it out.

I don't always get killed as hidden, but when I do, it's a lucky shotgun insta-kill :)

garthbartin
22nd October 2012, 19:15
I'm going to strenuously agree that the shotgun is op. A better way to look at it than arguing over possible hidden counters to the shotgun is the shotgun in relation to the other IRIS choices. The shogun outplays every other gun and any IRIS who doesn't pick the shotty is cheating himself. Obviously, either the shotgun should be nerfed or the other guns should be buffed, imo the former is better than the latter.

Plude220
22nd October 2012, 22:13
I for one never use the shoty its too easy for me even on normal servers i use only a pistol most of the time or the fn2000 sometimes. But buffering other guns isn't a good idea the fn is all ready powerful enough.

If you don't like the other servers just play on
mine all my guns are nerfed a bit.