PDA

View Full Version : Boost Hidden Knife

sniperbro
10th October 2012, 01:49
I have tried every way possible (that I know of) to increase the damage output of the slash on the knife. With hit reg problems and such I would like to have my server do 55 damage per hit, this would guarantee a 2 hit kill instead of a 3 hit kill (if you are lucky enough to get the reg). Does anyone know how to do this with plugins/cvars?

Sparks
10th October 2012, 03:30
Hell no don't do that :eek:

sniperbro
10th October 2012, 03:54
Hell no don't do that :eek:

Hey thanks for not answering and telling me how to run my server...

-SM-SUCKER
10th October 2012, 04:59
May I ask why you want to change a critical balance? It seems like you suffer from bad hit registration, which is a purely lag related issue. It can be countered by better servers and faster connections.

Digit*
10th October 2012, 13:13
Hey thanks for not answering and telling me how to run my server...

So instead of having hiddens tripleslashing (wich is basically sticking close to someone while you slash him three times in a row) you want hiddens on your server to be able to DOUBLEslash? What is this i dont even...

I can guarantee you the second some fragwhoring doucheturd pops up on your server and finds out he has to spend even LESS effort in killing iris players when he's hidden he's gonna make your server a terrible place to stay in. You can run your server whatever way you like though, so if you want your place to be a heaven for fragwhores/scorefarmers and just annoying players in general then i wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Just don't expect it to be very populated after a while.

sniperbro
10th October 2012, 21:55
Ok I get that you guys dont like the idea, but my clan mates and I do, this is a private server for us, so theres not really any issue with abuse. That being said, its not a connection issue its the poor physics of this game that sometimes cause hit reg. (same reason you glitch back and forth when trying to run near someone).

I was hoping someone here would know how to change this. I dont care about your opinions in regards to balancing (sorry not trying to be rude, just stating a fact) I was just hoping for some assistance, as I have tried every way I can think of to do it.

Paegus
11th October 2012, 06:52
The knife damage is hard coded so the only way to alter it would be with a 3rd party mod like sourcemod. If you take a look at the phys-cap, pigshove or mirror damage plugins you should see how its done.

Plude220
11th October 2012, 17:59
If you want hidden to do more damage pick up a pallet and slam it into someone.

Ice1
12th October 2012, 11:45
Haha plude. Too true. To the OP, learn sourcepawn; Shouldnt be too hard to do this if you want to.