PDA

View Full Version : The Hidden Source Bootcamp Tutorial

oTradeMark
12th September 2012, 22:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a94lGaKwNUQ&hd=1

Just a little video I did for all the new players in the game =)

Sparks
12th September 2012, 22:57
Awsome vid! Will definitely help those newcomers who watch it.

Genre
12th September 2012, 23:01
Feels more like a Frag Video with a long introduction than anything truly informational or tutorial-oriented. Was that your goal?

Sparks
12th September 2012, 23:42
Feels more like a Frag Video with a long introduction than anything truly informational or tutorial-oriented. Was that your goal?

It's more of a how-to-be-good-as-hidden video. I think it really is nice and amusing as should be, rather than being yet another boring tutorial video explaining each key and shit. Most of those new players don't even know the importance of the hidden pounce, they just walk around and get killed easily which frasturates them. I think this video couldn't get more newbie friendly and entertaining.

oTradeMark
13th September 2012, 03:04

I felt like an actual tutorial would be detrimental to the "bootcamp" theme behind the video, since I was more addressing players themselves as if they were in the game rather than a person controlling a character sitting at a PC. I really just wanted to let players know what things can happen in game, they should be able to look at the options and figure out the actual buttons to press to do those actions in game.

Most of the players don't even know about aura vision, pipebombs or leaping effectively.