PDA

View Full Version : The future of The Hidden

Kyben
6th September 2012, 16:50
Hello,

My name is Corey Sine. I couldn't find any other way to get a hold of you Chris Janes (I couldn't for the life of me find your email), so sorry for posting this in a public forum. I'm a senior at the University of Central Florida for Game Design. I use to play the hell out of your mod a couple of years ago and loved it. Just recently, me and a couple of friends were reminiscing about the great times we had with it and the idea of remaking it again or updating it for retail came up. The big question was, why hasn't it? The game is simple, loads of fun and has won many awards. It's the best time to really put out indie games and make them big these days! With Kickstarter, Steam's Greenlight and support for indie games, I could see The Hidden doing extremely well. So my question to you is, have you ever thought of selling The Hidden and would you?

I've been looking for a project to put on my portfolio and working on The Hidden would be considered an honor. My portfolio is at www.coreysine.com. Most of my experience is with the Unreal Engine, but I've dabbled in Hammer and I'm sure it wouldn't take me too long to figure out. My older project Black Sierra won Honorable Mention in the Make Something Unreal Contest and I won 3rd place in a Killing Floor mapping competition.

With the right team, I really think this mod could hit gold retail. Just something to think about. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Best Wishes,
Corey

Ging
6th September 2012, 20:48
Hi Corey,

We have thought of going retail, back when we first started it was something we considered but decided that it was best to leave this as a free release. Mainly as supporting and building a full scale "retail" worthy title was more than we could do at the time. Now it's harder as many of the team are in employment at existing games companies and have contractual issues with working on commercial titles outside their companies.

As a note, you can find my email on the front page, on every news post I've put up - just click my name! :D

Kyben
8th September 2012, 00:05
Sent an email.

Leopardi
9th September 2012, 07:44
Getting the B5 out would be a good start. Time has really chewed on the looks of hidden.