PDA

View Full Version : The Hidden is about to get lots of traffic ; )

LoginError
6th September 2012, 00:19
Hi.
A guy known as Hutch on YouTube posted a video today of him playing this mod. He already popularized TTT (Gmod Trouble in Terrorist Town), so I guess it's just a matter of time when same will happen to The Hidden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DuNnFQMfkM

It was so funny, as I played this mod long time ago but didn't stick as there wasn't much support and it threw me off a bit at the time.

But maybe with enough audience devs will get more motivation : )

Demioch
6th September 2012, 13:14
I entered the forum to see the activity, since sometimes gets really high in just a few hours. But yeah, hope this can revive this excellent mod since i had great times in 2007 with it :)

Ging
6th September 2012, 21:50
A student of mine brought this to my attention earlier today, it's always good to see folk have a good time with it and yeah, we hope it picks up a bit of interest and gets more people playing.

Sniper
6th September 2012, 22:19
Well, I saw every server visible to the master list packed today. 50+ players at once. I think that's a great sign! Too bad there's so many servers running right now that are not visible to the master list because of STEAM not liking legacy servers anymore.

oTradeMark
7th September 2012, 01:51
I also watched Hutch's video, I used to play Hidden a lot back in college so I decided to re-install the game and have some fun.

It appears that most of the servers in my area that I ping well to were always full so I created my own dedicated server, but I am having some issues with it showing up in the global "internet list" after all ports are forwarded.

I can get it to show up in the internet list by added this line to the server.cfg:
sv_master_legacy_mode 0

but then I get the following message when trying to join the server:
"Your version does not match the servers. Please restart the game."

It appears that the ClassicGamingClub.com server also has this "Your version does not match" issue for me, yet there server still has players in it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

oTradeMark
7th September 2012, 05:46
Also Seananners is sending a lot of traffic as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Dog-kgF3A&list=UUq54nlcoX-0pLcN5RhxHyug&index=1&feature=plcp

kofshinobi
7th September 2012, 06:37
I was just in game with Seananners for a second before the server crashed, which sucked.

Reoxy
7th September 2012, 15:38
I also watched Hutch's video, I used to play Hidden a lot back in college so I decided to re-install the game and have some fun.

It appears that most of the servers in my area that I ping well to were always full so I created my own dedicated server, but I am having some issues with it showing up in the global "internet list" after all ports are forwarded.

I can get it to show up in the internet list by added this line to the server.cfg:
sv_master_legacy_mode 0

but then I get the following message when trying to join the server:
"Your version does not match the servers. Please restart the game."

It appears that the ClassicGamingClub.com server also has this "Your version does not match" issue for me, yet there server still has players in it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Im having the same problem :( This was my favorite game a few years ago and know that I've installed it I cant play :(

Sparks
7th September 2012, 18:02
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11107-This-is-how-you-fix-the-quot-Incorrect-version-quot-problem

Wuped
7th September 2012, 23:20
Great a game that I am entirely unable to play is getting traffic, woooo.

Sniper
7th September 2012, 23:59
Great a game that I am entirely unable to play is getting traffic, woooo.

Why can't you play Wuped?

Sparks
8th September 2012, 17:29
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/187/59677058.jpg

God bless YouTube. It hasn't been like it for years!

shephart
8th September 2012, 18:02
i bet in a few weeks that most of the players will leave hidden source when they figured out all these annoying bugs (sadly)

Sparks
8th September 2012, 18:18
i bet in a few weeks that most of the players will leave hidden source when they figured out all these annoying bugs (sadly)
What bugs? This mod is almost perfect when it comes to bugs.

shephart
8th September 2012, 18:48
What bugs? This mod is almost perfect when it comes to bugs.
http://www.gearedforgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/bitch-please-rage-face-466x550.jpg

Jonzky
8th September 2012, 20:11
When he posted about GMod there was an obvious increase in the amount of new players, the bigger issue then was that Sean does not know how to play the gamemode within the rules and there was/is a swarm of players imitating him. At least in the hidden there is little in the way of rule breaking (as far as I remember).

You're also likely to get a wave of random Youtubers trying to be the next Hutch/Sean who will also be posting a lot about this....

Sparks
8th September 2012, 20:32
When he posted about GMod there was an obvious increase in the amount of new players, the bigger issue then was that Sean does not know how to play the gamemode within the rules and there was/is a swarm of players imitating him. At least in the hidden there is little in the way of rule breaking (as far as I remember).

You're also likely to get a wave of random Youtubers trying to be the next Hutch/Sean who will also be posting a lot about this....

They might try to imitate him in the beginning at least, I doubt though. and even so, they'll quickly get used to the proper way of playing this game.

Sparks
8th September 2012, 20:34
[IM]http://www.gearedforgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/bitch-please-rage-face-466x550.jpg[/IMG]

Really, I can't think of any serious bugs that disrupt my gameplay. Only those frequent crashes but they're not the type of bugs I talk about.

doomed15
8th September 2012, 20:47
oh my god,i love this game,have been playing for years, but one day i came and found out that the servers are full,now i know why :D but im not really satisfied,i loved back then when there werent many players playing this game,and i liked that way, i was able to meet some people i know a bit too. but now...so much traffic

shephart
8th September 2012, 22:28
well, since this mod get alot of traffic (on moddb, it got over 5,600 downloads today :)) i hope that devs are thinking again about updating and fixing the mod.

Jonzky
9th September 2012, 00:28
They might try to imitate him in the beginning at least, I doubt though. and even so, they'll quickly get used to the proper way of playing this game.
True, though its kind of annoying that a person if effectively introducing people to the game is breaking nearly majority of the rules in place.

well, since this mod get alot of traffic (on moddb, it got over 5,600 downloads today :)) i hope that devs are thinking again about updating and fixing the mod.
5600? That's pretty amazing, though how many dedicated servers are there? I'd assume there is capacity for 1000 players max (a high estimate), if there is 5600 (at least) are looking to play then many will not be able to join and most likely give up eventually.

Sniper
9th September 2012, 01:08
There's only enough servers to handle under 200 players at a time right now. But that's better then it used to be, Hidden Cow was the only server for a while.

Jonzky
9th September 2012, 01:23
There's only enough servers to handle under 200 players at a time right now. But that's better then it used to be, Hidden Cow was the only server for a while.

Wow, that's a shame; hopefully people playing for the first time do not get a negative impression of the game. That's on the assumptions that all/majority of servers are fully fairly often.

Sparks
9th September 2012, 02:54
I hope developers will now get motivated to work on B5 faster. at least post something in hidden-source.com main page, to show existance!

Hells High
9th September 2012, 07:00
Wow, haven't played Hidden in AGES, but SeaNanners' videos made me itch for a go. Boy, was I surprised when I was greeted by this. (http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6274/safko.jpg) :] Maybe we can see some progress on this. Hell, I'd pay for a retail revamp; I'd animate for it for free too.

3V0Lu710N
9th September 2012, 19:19
Thank god for Hutch and Nanners i freaking love this mod its amazing, i see alot of people have been downloading and playing this mod but there are only 10-20 servers in game that are constantly full and its very hard to join a server especially one with pigstick enabled, alot of server owners seem to hate it and disable it but that's just unfair so yeah... people need to get more servers thus there will be more room for more people so this mod can expand and not be forgotten

Reoxy
9th September 2012, 19:23
All the servers are full :( Unable to play. Lots of 12year olds with microphones.

Sniper
9th September 2012, 19:55
Thank god for Hutch and Nanners i freaking love this mod its amazing, i see alot of people have been downloading and playing this mod but there are only 10-20 servers in game that are constantly full and its very hard to join a server especially one with pigstick enabled, alot of server owners seem to hate it and disable it but that's just unfair so yeah... people need to get more servers thus there will be more room for more people so this mod can expand and not be forgotten

https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php

There you go, the best hosting for this game and you can set the server up however you want it!

(BTW, in B5 pigstick is going to be replaced by pigshove until you are under 20HP, which is how the Hidden Cow servers are setup right now.)

shephart
10th September 2012, 14:34
HELL YEAH !

date : 9/10/2012

Boxy
10th September 2012, 19:07
With all these new players I too fancied giving it a bit of a pop for old times sake but as you lot have pointed out, all the servers I can find (15 odd) are completely full! Happy and sad face at the same time!

Arnold
10th September 2012, 22:35
time to be back

QReaper
10th September 2012, 22:52
Hey guys, what's goin' on in here?

Paegus
10th September 2012, 23:14
With all these new players I too fancied giving it a bit of a pop for old times sake but as you lot have pointed out, all the servers I can find (15 odd) are completely full! Happy and sad face at the same time!

The lvnhost folks are apparently charging 5 or something per server... so...

Frankly you'll need to get some SourceMod action in there so you can reserve some sluts like I did in the old CCake days... when the server was brimming with regulars :D

Though for a fiver a month, if I can get some decent server-mod action going on... too bad I don't have the time to administer it.

Boxy
10th September 2012, 23:30
I managed to queue up and get some games in, even managed to be become Hidden a few times! Pretty awesome to see as soon as someone left, the space was filled by a new player within a second! People are actually queuing to play, how cool!

oTradeMark
10th September 2012, 23:32
I'm putting 3 new servers up on a linux box this week... won't really make a dent in the thousands of players trying to play but any server helps

Sparks
11th September 2012, 02:18
I managed to queue up and get some games in, even managed to be become Hidden a few times! Pretty awesome to see as soon as someone left, the space was filled by a new player within a second! People are actually queuing to play, how cool!

Yeah I noticed that too! One player leaves, you count to 5 and there's another one on the way in. Amazing.

The lvnhost folks are apparently charging 5 or something per server... so...

Frankly you'll need to get some SourceMod action in there so you can reserve some sluts like I did in the old CCake days... when the server was brimming with regulars :D

Though for a fiver a month, if I can get some decent server-mod action going on... too bad I don't have the time to administer it.

ClandestineCake.. oh it was the best h:s server back then. all the pros played there and at that time I didn't get the slightest chance of becoming hidden there so I kind of hated it :p

I'm putting 3 new servers up on a linux box this week... won't really make a dent in the thousands of players trying to play but any server helps

As you said, any server helps now. Thanks !

starstriker1
11th September 2012, 04:58
Oh man, has it been a while.

If there's an influx of new players, I think I have to re-install out of principle just to start messing with newbie's heads. So many good memories of this game, can't wait to inflict them on other people. :)

[TSAT]Flow
11th September 2012, 13:04

Nothing like reserving yourself some sluts with SourceMod. ;)

Incidentally, I'll start playing again on and off aswell, I guess.

Master of Puppets
11th September 2012, 19:57
Im installing right now so i hope to see some of you guys tonight :)

Specht
11th September 2012, 22:37
I'll be back in business as soon as my computer gets back from maintenance. :)

FFAF
12th September 2012, 02:38
Hmmmmmm, .......... Nahhhhh !

Colonel Mustard
12th September 2012, 08:27
I been here the whole time :3

Sparks
12th September 2012, 13:36
I been here the whole time :3

Same.. one day, Bam, shitloads of servers and a tsunami of new players :D

-SM-SUCKER
17th September 2012, 22:34
Thank you, kind youtube video producers! Now I will need to get back into it.

ChainedHunter
18th September 2012, 02:59
Too bad all the servers are full and I can't play...

VoiceOfDecember
21st September 2012, 09:50
Just saw vids on reddit, massive traffic inc. Also, good to see the old boys are still here :)

Vilham
21st September 2012, 10:48
Yeah guys we got a video on the front page of reddit, so even more traffic.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/107nn8/just_watch_the_first_30_seconds_guaranteed/

Paegus
21st September 2012, 14:58
need moar servers?

or need those 10 odd that don't show up to get their legacy mode sorted.

Boxy
21st September 2012, 19:52
Yeah guys we got a video on the front page of reddit, so even more traffic.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/107nn8/just_watch_the_first_30_seconds_guaranteed/

Okay the Morgan Freeman impression is golden, pure genius...

Paegus
22nd September 2012, 00:11
aye.

pissed myself laughing at work today...

Digit4L
27th September 2012, 07:23
Awesome to see Hidden getting some popularity again! It feels like the good old days again!!!!! :D

Night Raider
1st October 2012, 02:11
I've been checking the forums once a month for the last year or so. It's good to see that you guys have regained so much publicity.

-SM-SUCKER
1st October 2012, 23:29
I've been checking the forums once a month for the last year or so. It's good to see that you guys have regained so much publicity.You should try the servers! It is awesome!