PDA

View Full Version : Old maps (b2)

Rush
25th July 2012, 17:39
So I recently went through the web looking for old hidden downloads because I was curious trying the previous versions. None of the game play worked but I was able to roam through the maps as Gordon Freeman (I assume). Here is a folder that contains the old maps I was wondering if any of you pro mappers could figure out a way to get them to run properly with b4. I tried just plopping them in my maps folder but when I try to load them I just get hl2.exe has stopped responding. Here is a download link for said maps. (Note I added _old to the names and have tried launching without the _old just letting ya know if it affects the maps at all) http://www.2shared.com/file/h6hToFBZ/Old_Maps.html

Paegus
25th July 2012, 18:14
It's likely that the map entities changed name &| function so you can't just plop old maps into a newer version of the mod.

You could however just download an old version of the mod and fix the appid. good luck finding the older installers though :/

Rush
25th July 2012, 18:21
I have the older installers if youre willing to explain how to exactly do this. I have HSB2aUpdater, hsb3 installer, hsbeta2 and hiddensourcebeta1a

Ging
26th July 2012, 01:03
They're probably crashing out because the code is looking for entities that don't exist in the old maps (spectator spots, location trigger zones, all sorts probably) - the only real fix would be to decompile them and add in the necessary entities, then recompile them. But that often leaves you with odd bugs and visual issues with the recompiled map.

Rush
26th July 2012, 01:23
Okay well my real search was after the version of stalkyard thats in the media on the hidden source site. That version looks far superior. http://www.hidden-source.com/media.htm#levelscomm Is that lying around anywhere?

Ging
26th July 2012, 17:22
No, it's not - it's not been released yet.

Rush
26th July 2012, 17:47
really so its a newer version not a older version? Intriguing cant wait to see its release some day...