PDA

View Full Version : Everyone read up!

Splatterpope
5th July 2012, 19:53
I'm just making a thread on the forums to encourage all the lurkers out there to be more active in the community. What's happened to this mod is that the community has reached a critical point where newcomers see there's no activity on these forums and assume the mod is dead. What is actually happening, is there's around 100 downloads of this mod every day, and even more random lurkers on the forums. And they all experience the same thing: Look at the forums, see no activity, assume no-one is playing. Or install the mod, see a handful of empty servers, assume the mod is dead, and forget about it.

Join steam groups, post in this thread, ask questions of devs, join an empty server for 10 minutes, anything. There are a lot of veterans that still occasionally check these forums and would love to talk to new people about the game. And from what I can tell, the devs are still working on it too, albeit in a top-secret way.

My friends and I have recently come back to the game, and It makes my heart ache when I think that this might end up being forgotten. One of the best multiplayer mods ever made, and everyone who might potentially play it misses the next potential recruit like ships passing in the fog.

Cheers.

HamptonHawkeye
5th July 2012, 21:07
Never played this before. Just found out about it. Shame I didn't know about it when it had a thriving playerbase. I downloaded it though, if anyone ever wants to play with a noob lol

rezu
7th July 2012, 23:46
i still play it semi regularly with some friends, but none of us at least can see any servers even to say empty servers... so we always just host one of our own and play on it together through steam joining as none of us can see any servers...

VoiceOfDecember
8th July 2012, 07:37
But I enjoy lurking, as you can see I don't have much to say

Mounce
8th July 2012, 21:58
Me looking at the server list after 1 year of being AWOL, and seeing that http://hidden-stats.co.uk/ is gone, I am truly saddened...

There totally was like, over 50-80-100 servers around not even a year ago, what happened?!

Paegus
9th July 2012, 09:34
The mod died...

pS: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?type=variable&game=hidden2

Master of Puppets
10th July 2012, 21:04
R.i.p.

Egan
11th July 2012, 02:12
My clan is in the process of putting up a new Hidden Source server. I've got a few friends who still wanna play.

Dr.SharK
11th July 2012, 10:23
I miss playing with ya'll.

jay993
17th July 2012, 02:23
xburnthemartyrx add me im down to play and i got a friend who is as well i have the ip addresses for a few servers that dont show up but that are there

Wuped
17th July 2012, 02:56
Well I still can't play due to clientregistry error tried everything :(

Paegus
17th July 2012, 08:08
i deleted everything except the steamapps folder and reinstalled.. sorted

Arnold
25th July 2012, 23:24
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE UPDATE!?
im tired of working

Rush
25th July 2012, 23:36
50-100 servers not even a year ago? God damn I wish I played euro the most servers ive seen in 4 years is like 25 with only 2 that have people at any given time

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
26th July 2012, 18:18
50-100 servers not even a year ago? God damn I wish I played euro the most servers ive seen in 4 years is like 25 with only 2 that have people at any given time

There wasn't ever a time from what I've seen over the years where this mod has had 50 servers up at any one time, so that may have been a cumulative figure. Though I wasn't around for b1 or b2 much, I may be wrong in that this mod probably had that much during the earlier releases. This mod should be still be more populated more than it is now. Atleast the people who still would like to play hl2 mods should be aware of this mod, though the server list problem is probably inhibiting potential players from playing further.

Digit4L
30th July 2012, 01:45
Yeah this is my favourite HL2 mod, and i'm very keen to start playing again. redownloading it now :)

SixVolt
7th August 2012, 12:34
Yeah this is my favourite HL2 mod, and i'm very keen to start playing again. redownloading it now :)

Ditto. I used to play the shit out of this mod back in 05-06. Just redownloaded but can't find any servers at all, let alone empty ones. Also I'm EU

Any Europeans still playing Hidden?

Pulsar
7th August 2012, 21:25
Ditto. I used to play the shit out of this mod back in 05-06.

Is it really so long ago?!? Damn...

Actually I only played the Beta1a, IMO the following versions of Hidden weren't that good, because the abilities of The Hidden have been clipped.

Wuped
7th August 2012, 22:07
I still can't play no matter what, I'm sad :(

Ging
8th August 2012, 15:30
Is it really so long ago?!? Damn...

Actually I only played the Beta1a, IMO the following versions of Hidden weren't that good, because the abilities of The Hidden have been clipped.

I think you mean "balanced" rather than clipped.

CrazzyAzn
9th August 2012, 03:28
Been a frequent lurker on these forums. Been coming back every 4 or so months to check on the mod, and it seems like maybe things are going somewhere now. But I'll always be checking back on this mod, it has the greatest idea out on the gaming market in my opinion. Who doesn't want to be the person to scare the crap out of people? Anyways I love this mod, and I'm just here on my routine check up. I can't wait until this becomes crazy popular, going to playing it all the time T_T /thedream.

The Mattster
9th August 2012, 11:55
Just saw some snippets of this game in one of Criken's videos and thought it looked really wizard. Sad to see that the community may have dried up somewhat, but I'll remain hopeful. Just figured I'd raise a voice I suppose :)