PDA

View Full Version : So any update? (Or WHERE IS EVERYONE?)

siervua
11th May 2012, 15:02
Hallo? Anyone here?

Well just curious, as to if there were any developers left?

The Pirate Wench :)
Yes.... its me again. =/

Ugh don't mind my outdated signature. LOL

Paegus
12th May 2012, 16:26
As far as updates go, I had this week off work to study for a certification so obviously I played a bit of Hidden.

Saw four hackers and got accused twice for stupid shit involving ears, eyes and a pinch of guess work by players with twice the kills of the rest of the server combined.

It was so awesome I prematurely ~quit^m

Digit*
12th May 2012, 18:02
Le Digit reporting in.

Still alive. Still playing, although barely.

Non cheating players are rarely good enough to last 2 rounds without calling me a cheater coupled with the worst names in history. And cheating players are, surprisingly and even more strangely enough, also rarely good enough to keep up with me despite wallhacks/mat hacks and speed hacks...well speed hacks are actually pretty challenging from time to time. Wich could be hilarious despite the fact that it pretty much drains the fun out of the game cus you know...."haaaaax!!1elvenen".

Ah well, i'll keep trying till i find that awesome opponent that's skilled enough to give me a challenge but doesn't immediatly rage quit like a terribad turd because i managed to kill him *gasp* 2 times in a row. Foreveralone.jpg

Le Digit signing off.

Arnold
14th May 2012, 15:40
oh yew stupid cocksuckers
Did your momma not give you any toys to play with when you was young?

Colonel Mustard
20th May 2012, 09:40
Ah well, i'll keep trying till i find that awesome opponent that's skilled enough to give me a challenge but doesn't immediatly rage quit like a terribad turd because i managed to kill him *gasp* 2 times in a row. Foreveralone.jpg

You just don't ever wanna play with me bitch lol

Sparks
23rd May 2012, 08:13
I don't think he wanted to hear about your recent gaming experiences. He asked about any development updates - B5 I suppose.
And I hereby join his question. where are the developers?

Paegus
23rd May 2012, 10:36
*cough*Hiddenite Test Build-Updates (http://forum.hidden-source.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Hiddenite-Test-Build-Updates)*cough*

siervua
23rd May 2012, 15:30
Meh Boys will be boys. Yes I was referring to developmental updates, but the lack of spark in your Hidden gaming lives works just as well I suppose. :P

I don't think SHE wanted to hear about your recent gaming experiences. SHE asked about any development updates - B5 I suppose.
And I hereby join his question. where are the developers?

I am just happy to see everyone out and about!!! :)

-SM-SUCKER
23rd May 2012, 20:44
*cough*Hiddenite Test Build-Updates (http://forum.hidden-source.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Hiddenite-Test-Build-Updates)*cough*

VoiceOfDecember
9th June 2012, 15:53

I knew it. I KNEW IT!!! I bloody well knew that one day, ONE DAY I would come back here and see something like this.

I almost can't believe it. So much I actually logged in to post...what next? Is it true? The Rapture?

Merciless
10th June 2012, 02:44
O.o

Paegus
11th June 2012, 08:36
Just wait until the next update rolls out... in a month

rezu
30th June 2012, 01:16
an update to hidden? O.o that would be so awesome <3

VoiceOfDecember
10th July 2012, 19:23
Just wait until the next update rolls out... in a month

Is that one(1) month? Or its getting an update during "a" month. I.e non specific time i.e typical Ging response

Paegus
11th July 2012, 12:14
which do you think is more likely?

since today is 1 month after i posted that... ohh the possible excitement!

Specht
12th July 2012, 13:19
To see the forums like this is so depressing...

Zabiela
14th July 2012, 04:05
Yesterday I pooped a lil.

/update

But tbh, currently working on a map for b5

jay993
16th July 2012, 07:34
I am trying to get alot of friends into this game but for some reason i cant find any severs for non-steam suported mods even if i know they are there if some one who plays this game could msg me and add me as a friend on steam. it will let u invite me to a server they just dont show up. Weird i know. Is anyone out there checking this forum

NoiZ
16th July 2012, 07:48
1. If you want a private match you can quickly host your own server.

Click "Create Server" in the menu
Choose any map, adjust the settings to your liking
Click the "Start" button at the bottom of the dialog box
Go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and tell the people who want to play your IP address
Play, hopefully

2. There's a list of servers VisualMelon gave me recently. Here are the four.

188.40.116.14:27030
66.177.237.172:27015
69.46.43.162:27015
89.163.160.74:27400

Hope you can play, if not, I don't even know.

AExi0n
17th July 2012, 00:25
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11076-No-servers-showing-up-in-list&p=154088#post154088

There is a problem with the steam servers currently. No ETA when its going to get fixed, but the link above should direct you to a thread where server IPs are being posted. Add them in your favorite's and you should be able to see the servers.

AExi0n
17th July 2012, 00:34
I am trying to get alot of friends into this game but for some reason i cant find any severs for non-steam suported mods even if i know they are there if some one who plays this game could msg me and add me as a friend on steam. it will let u invite me to a server they just dont show up. Weird i know. Is anyone out there checking this forum

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11076-No-servers-showing-up-in-list&p=154088#post154088

Thread has server IPs listed.

Add them to your favorites, there is a steam issue right now with source mods.

Rush
26th July 2012, 17:58
b5?....
/jizz

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
26th July 2012, 18:51
which do you think is more likely?

since today is 1 month after i posted that... ohh the possible excitement!

Yesterday I pooped a lil.

/update

But tbh, currently working on a map for b5

The day is coming when my Lord shall come back to relinquish all of your boredom... all the monotony of your daily lives spent not playing this mod... when this new update comes around... YOU ALL SHALL FEEL THE WRATH AND JUSTICE... OF LORD VADIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!!

But joking aside, I am a most happy man to read these words.. that even Ging and crew much less ANYONE is still working on this mod. This mod is really a gem in the rough, and is a truly enjoyable project to which most if not all I've come across would agree who have played this. All the technical bugs, glitches and crashes aside, this is perhaps the best HL2 mod in terms of just out-right entertainment in my mind. I've been playing this mod since 06-07 with lots of breaks in between, and I still come back to it this year. I hope the developers find it in their hearts to continue this in some form for people such as me to enjoy more. I'm in utter gratefulness and so happy something like this was created in my lifetime! Its just too damn fun! lol

b5?....
/jizz

!

Digit4L
30th July 2012, 02:53
Steam needs to spotlight this game or something to attract more attention then the devs might bother making B5. Oh, and The Dark Prince.. I used to see you all the time playing back in the day.. you have sick skills with playing the hidden!!! :) good times.

AExi0n
30th July 2012, 19:05
Until a moderator approves my thread, and something tells me that wont happen till the B5 update (never) here is something for you all.

Well after monitoring the server for a few weeks, and seeing that every day, two random people join, play for a few hours and leave. The other co-owner and I at classic gaming club came up with this.

http://www.classicgamingclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58&p=101#p101

Hidden Source night!

We decided to declare every thursday night a HIDDEN SOURCE NIGHT! We want to fill up the server this night, and with demand, to open another hidden source server to offload the head count. All of this is for lovers of the Hidden Source, to have a kinda set time, where we can get together, and max out that server so it isn't just 2 or 3 people playing with each other.

More info on the link above, maybe see you this Thursday!
With all this talk about cheating, please note we will consider skill over cheating, however if community majority rules, and if its obvious, we will make it a known fact who is cheating publicly, and your ip will be banned across all servers we host.

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
31st July 2012, 18:15
Steam needs to spotlight this game or something to attract more attention then the devs might bother making B5. Oh, and The Dark Prince.. I used to see you all the time playing back in the day.. you have sick skills with playing the hidden!!! :) good times.

This mod indeed deserves something of a spotlight somehow! the Dark Prince.. hmm if you're talking to me, I'm not sure if I used that before but I do recall seeing that name before. I always used to play with Vadis so if you remember me as that then I may have used that name before lol. Lets play sometime! PM your steam name!

Colonel Mustard
1st August 2012, 12:22
vadis he's referring to the german fellow who's very famous in these parts not you lol

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
2nd August 2012, 09:34
I'm not vadis, read the name correctly next time. And also fuck off you racist prick.

Digit*
2nd August 2012, 13:38
Well that escelated quickly. Why aren't you using a unique name of your own btw? Doesn't really sound that awesome simply being someone's right hand.

Ice1
2nd August 2012, 14:07
I would consider bringing back my australian server if the new update comes out, which in turn would bring back the entire australian community...

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
2nd August 2012, 19:12
Well that escelated quickly. Why aren't you using a unique name of your own btw? Doesn't really sound that awesome simply being someone's right hand.

It is a unique name actually, if you think about it. How many times have you seen someone associate to someone else they've played with before within their handle? Hehe, but that wasn't the point. Its to show that I respect this person a great deal, as he and I are great buds outside the online world. Something I can definitely not say about Colonel Mustard, I don't respect people who are racist and would be as immature as to freely use racist words to bring people down. Its also to reference a schtick we've played as while playing this great mod. I am early awaiting any news on this great mod.. if any.

Digit*
2nd August 2012, 19:18
If the new update rolls out it will pretty much bring back everything ever hidden:source related, i kid you not dear sir.

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
2nd August 2012, 19:22
Well since you asked nicely.. I think its a unique name actually, if you think about it. How many times have you come across someone who knowingly referenced to someone he/she actually played a game within their handle? I can't think of many to be honest lol. That was not the point of this handle. Primarily it was to show respect to this person as he and I are great buds offline actually while also paying tribute to a schtick we maintained playing this mod most of the time. Something I cannot say about people such as mustard who have shown themselves to be so immature and frankly idiotic as to use racist insults to try to bring people down while playing this great mod. He is not the only one mind you, but I give no respect whatever their names are for such fools.

Anyways, I'm eagerly awaiting any news of any update to the mod... Ging and crew.. would it be possible to give a status report soon?

Ging
5th August 2012, 00:55
Anyways, I'm eagerly awaiting any news of any update to the mod... Ging and crew.. would it be possible to give a status report soon?

Sure, work's in progress.

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
5th August 2012, 02:43
Thank you very much for updating us, Ging! I'm glad to have read that so I'll continue to wait on whatever you guys bring to the table. I'm sure all the people who still play this game will be happy to have seen that post as well. The community is not dead yet!

Boltzmann
5th August 2012, 03:11
Wow, is hidden really getting an update after 5 years? It would be cool if steam had it on spotlight or if a games company picked the idea without dumbing it down for the masses. Also, I'm trying to play again but I see no servers and steam kicks me for my userid everytime I try to join one by IP.

Poltergeist

Boxy
5th August 2012, 10:07
It's got a 'done when its done' vibe and its not been worked on solidly for the last 5 years, there's been a gap there. Don't go expecting new art and models and stuff.* ;)
I'm not sure but I believe that Source mods are broken at the minute due to a Steam update that meant the server browser is essentially broken, empty and useless? Someone who knows more than I may step in.

*This statement, in part or whole, may or may not be true, take with a pinch of salt.

Boltzmann
5th August 2012, 17:34
Tbh I don't really need new models. Save for a few glitches, the mod is perfectly fine and what it needs is publicity!

Colonel Mustard
5th August 2012, 22:04
Well since you asked nicely.. I think its a unique name actually, if you think about it. How many times have you come across someone who knowingly referenced to someone he/she actually played a game within their handle? I can't think of many to be honest lol. That was not the point of this handle. Primarily it was to show respect to this person as he and I are great buds offline actually while also paying tribute to a schtick we maintained playing this mod most of the time. Something I cannot say about people such as mustard who have shown themselves to be so immature and frankly idiotic as to use racist insults to try to bring people down while playing this great mod. He is not the only one mind you, but I give no respect whatever their names are for such fools.

You musn't have even read what i wrote. Did you even read anything? It was paying respect to our player The Dark Prince who just so happens to be German you fool. There was no racism involved. No nothing. The only one showing a gross amount of immaturity at the moment is you good sir, not I. But if that's what you want then I'll surely oblige you. Now if you'd please take that gigantic plank shoved up your ass and pull it out so you aren't so angry all the time, you'd be doing the community a huge favor, because its not doing anyone very much good being stuck there. i.e. stop being butthurt

Colonel Mustard
6th August 2012, 00:28
Also the new models from what I've seen look pretty sick I must admit. The new guns will be refreshing as well as the iron sights. If you kept phys the way it is you would have so many players it would be unreal.

Night Raider
6th August 2012, 07:09
It... it will come back. I am so happy about this. :D

Lord Vadis's Right Hand
6th August 2012, 09:45
You musn't have even read what i wrote. Did you even read anything? It was paying respect to our player The Dark Prince who just so happens to be German you fool. There was no racism involved. No nothing. The only one showing a gross amount of immaturity at the moment is you good sir, not I. But if that's what you want then I'll surely oblige you. Now if you'd please take that gigantic plank shoved up your ass and pull it out so you aren't so angry all the time, you'd be doing the community a huge favor, because its not doing anyone very much good being stuck there. i.e. stop being butthurt

Your correction was not what I was aiming at and I fully understand the point of your post to me when referring to said german player. You seem to be so dense as to not even get what was being said, so I'll reiterate it so you can comprehend it. I simply relayed my sentiment based on what I've seen you say WHILE IN-GAME for myself. So you say I'm the one displaying immaturity? Really now? When I actively oppose those who think spouting racial slurs at people in ANY way for whatever reason and stating my sentiment towards those in this thread, are displays of immaturity in your mind? Do you even think about what you're typing into public? Thanks for the laugh and continuing to prove my point. You have a long way to go in this world if you really think that.

I'm angry all the time eh? I'm curious, when have we ever met in person to have made you come to that conclusion? Oh that's right, you haven't so there goes your silly little attempt at painting me in a negative light. Whoa! So when did you become the spokesman of a whole community? You do not speak for me nor do I think you speak for anyone else who have had been fortunate enough to play this wonderful albeit imperfect mod (Nobody is perfect!) If every one saw what you have said in the past in-game like I have, I'm willing to bet not many people if any at all would want the likes of you speaking for them in any matter. I really wonder what makes these type of people think its okay to use the n word, for EXAMPLE, which has been used in the history of nations to demean, denigrate and disparage a certain group even to the point of DEATH just because they were different in any way. Do you even know the history of such a word, Colonel Mustard? Have you ever thought of what you ever said? And lastly, you tell me to stop being butthurt? So who in the end is being immature here? One who has not matured enough to even know the gravity of what he says. Grow up. I'm done derailing this thread for this moron. He'll probably try to deny he even said such things like all of these types to try and save face in the eyes of others. You are part of the problem in this world, try to change that someday.

@Boxy: Well even if it comes to just fixes to any bug/glitch/crash, I'd be happy with just that. Most of the time I will encounter some sort of crash but that may also be due to the fact that I have an old pc by today's standards.

@Boltzmann: Check out this thread. http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11051-Steam-UserID-ticket&p=153939#post153939 This worked for me when I came back after a break recently, but I've read it may not work for everyone. There are threads in the technical support section of this forum that you should search for past just "Last Month". Try for a longer search into the past to see possible solutions. For the server problem, Boxy had it right that a steam update pretty much screwed up with some old mods ability to search for servers using the normal route.. checking the internet tab. http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11076-No-servers-showing-up-in-list/page2 Scroll down to Visual Melon's post of the server addresses to add to your favorite's tab as this is the only workaround I've seen so far for this situation. It works nicely on a different tab.

Colonel Mustard
6th August 2012, 20:18
Your correction was not what I was aiming at and I fully understand the point of your post to me when referring to said german player. You seem to be so dense as to not even get what was being said, so I'll reiterate it so you can comprehend it. I simply relayed my sentiment based on what I've seen you say WHILE IN-GAME for myself. So you say I'm the one displaying immaturity? Really now? When I actively oppose those who think spouting racial slurs at people in ANY way for whatever reason and stating my sentiment towards those in this thread, are displays of immaturity in your mind? Do you even think about what you're typing into public? Thanks for the laugh and continuing to prove my point. You have a long way to go in this world if you really think that.

I'm angry all the time eh? I'm curious, when have we ever met in person to have made you come to that conclusion? Oh that's right, you haven't so there goes your silly little attempt at painting me in a negative light. Whoa! So when did you become the spokesman of a whole community? You do not speak for me nor do I think you speak for anyone else who have had been fortunate enough to play this wonderful albeit imperfect mod (Nobody is perfect!) If every one saw what you have said in the past in-game like I have, I'm willing to bet not many people if any at all would want the likes of you speaking for them in any matter. I really wonder what makes these type of people think its okay to use the n word, for EXAMPLE, which has been used in the history of nations to demean, denigrate and disparage a certain group even to the point of DEATH just because they were different in any way. Do you even know the history of such a word, Colonel Mustard? Have you ever thought of what you ever said? And lastly, you tell me to stop being butthurt? So who in the end is being immature here? One who has not matured enough to even know the gravity of what he says. Grow up. I'm done derailing this thread for this moron. He'll probably try to deny he even said such things like all of these types to try and save face in the eyes of others. You are part of the problem in this world, try to change that someday.

@Boxy: Well even if it comes to just fixes to any bug/glitch/crash, I'd be happy with just that. Most of the time I will encounter some sort of crash but that may also be due to the fact that I have an old pc by today's standards.

@Boltzmann: Check out this thread. http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11051-Steam-UserID-ticket&p=153939#post153939 This worked for me when I came back after a break recently, but I've read it may not work for everyone. There are threads in the technical support section of this forum that you should search for past just "Last Month". Try for a longer search into the past to see possible solutions. For the server problem, Boxy had it right that a steam update pretty much screwed up with some old mods ability to search for servers using the normal route.. checking the internet tab. http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?11076-No-servers-showing-up-in-list/page2 Scroll down to Visual Melon's post of the server addresses to add to your favorite's tab as this is the only workaround I've seen so far for this situation. It works nicely on a different tab.

tl;dr. I sense some sort of grudge being held against me though, because if it wasn't personal no one would give a shit to write that much. You must be that one fellow who was Vadis's best friend who always talked on his mic and is probably still angry at me because i didn't want to be your friend and you raged and never played again. If not, then I don't know why you're so up in arms

Zabiela
11th August 2012, 07:56
*a bunch of angry shit*

*a bunch more angry shit

Heyyy guys how about we all shut up and not have an argument in this thread, where Ging said they're working on B5 OMG YAAAAAY!

Stige
14th August 2012, 00:14
Just put my own dedicated Hidden: Source server up and running.

stigez.com, default port.

Pretty primitive settings atm but taking suggestions on what to improve ;)

Can't wait to start playing this great mod again.

Colonel Mustard
14th August 2012, 05:22
Heyyy guys how about we all shut up and not have an argument in this thread, where Ging said they're working on B5 OMG YAAAAAY!
This is why I love you zab <3