PDA

View Full Version : Ideas For Traps!

esrever321
26th June 2011, 07:53
Hey! I've decided to make my own map for this game and I need your help. This map I'm going to try create is all about traps, heps of them!
Some new players to the game are scared to go right up to someone who's camping with a shotgun so I want to help them by giving them a chance to charge through the wall next to them or drop a few boxes from above. what I would like is for you to post your ideas for the most insane traps you can think of! Doesn't matter how weird. you can be as detailed or as vague as you want, you can even name it if you want!
Just type up what you can think of and if I think I can do it (and if I like it) I'll put it in my map and give you credit.
(You can post as many ideas as you want, just make sure it's in the same post :P)

Ice1
26th June 2011, 09:07
Hey reverse :D Hows about a crane which is holding a box and theres a lever to drop the box onto unsuspecting victims. Or perhaps a suspended concrete slab thats under construction and held up by supports which the hidden can remove\destroy, onces hes removed several of them the floor slab will fall and crush anyone under it (after a cracking or buckling sound is heard so victims still have a chance of escape if they're near the edges) :D

Or even a fire where the hidden can pick up a burning piece of wood, take it over to a certain part of the map where theres a wooden structure thats excellent for camping in and set fire to it? :D

esrever321
27th June 2011, 06:07
I like the idea of buring objects being able to set other things on fire :D and the concrect slab with the multiple supports is a great idea too, so you cant just set off the trap but you can go and 'prepare' it before hand so its ready :D

Zabiela
27th June 2011, 12:39
The member "Isolation" made a few maps with traps.

You might want to do a seach for his name in the mapping forum, you'll find his maps.

Otherwise:

-Containers / big phys objects hanging above the iris that the hidden can make fall

-Phys objects on a hinge the hidden can make fall

-Rooms the hidden can gas/explode/crush

-Floors the hidden can break

esrever321
30th June 2011, 03:27
I thought I might elaborate on my trap map idea since I'm starting to think people are thinking to themself 'Traps = Instant kill... No thanks'.
None of my traps will be instant kill... Or at least most of them won't be.
If one is then it's because it's either hard to set up or takes awhile for it to happen.
My aim is to make some sort of house/building that Subject 617 has spent along time in waiting for the IRIS to show, in that time he kept himself busy by rigging the place full of traps or distractions he can use to confuse the IRIS and jump in for the attack.
Also I'll be putting in alot of custom textures as if he's writen over the walls with blood warning you to leave, and a few custon sounds too.
comment if you want :) I like feed back. (Is feed back one or two words?)

thermodynamic
2nd July 2011, 10:12
how bout a trap where the roof falls on the player and then the floor breaks under the player so they dont get crushed

-SM-SUCKER
2nd July 2011, 10:18
how bout a trap where the roof falls on the player and then the floor breaks under the player so they dont get crushed
Unless it is al elevator the roof will hit the floor at some point.
So you want to add falling damage to the damage inflicted by the collapsing roof. :eek:

thermodynamic
2nd July 2011, 10:28
perhaps it is not heavy enough to kill the iris
merely hurt the say a bunch of wodden planks hits one of them dosnt have to kill only a little damage per plank possible giving the people behind the ambushed player a path up ?

esrever321
2nd July 2011, 10:33
Unless it is al elevator the roof will hit the floor at some point.

i could only have the middle part of the floor break so the roof will be caught by the edges of the floor that didnt break off, I'm going to have a basment so the players could fall into that :D

thermodynamic
2nd July 2011, 10:37
that would be MAD perhaps have some creepy dead body as soon as you fall down XD

esrever321
2nd July 2011, 10:46
heres my idea for the basement, its dark (yes i know you cant see the hidden in the dark but i have an idea for this) remember this map is bascialy made by the hidden, its not supposed to be a evenily matched map thats fair for both sides, its ment to be a fun, insane map that makes you want to use the traps and really have fun with the hidden, i want to make it cause i hate killing new players knowing they are going to rage quit.
anyway, back to what i was saying, the basement is dark because its flooded (meaing you can hear where he steps),
and when inside the hidden can press a button (it wont be a button it will be something cooler but buttons good for now) and it will lock them inside and start to play this song (its a cool song, scary). with each big trap like this i will make a test map just for it and test it with others incase it really doesnt work

thermodynamic
2nd July 2011, 23:52
how bout a trip wire based trap where a explosion goes off behind a wall and breaks the wall and sends a bunch of phys objects flying at the player.
kinda like a danker sewers then ? sounds fun

esrever321
3rd July 2011, 06:19
there won't be any traps that happen everytime a IRIS player goes somewhere cause then it becomes predictable and the players will avoid that area.
All the traps have to be set off by the Hidden (or some times by the IRIS if they shoot something) so that way you can never be sure if that trap will go off, the hidden might be in another part of the map.

Wuped
3rd July 2011, 06:57
PREDICTION: This map never gets made. Usually when people talk about what their project will be instead of just building the project it never happens.

esrever321
3rd July 2011, 06:59
iv made maps before like this, i just wanted to get ideas, but thanks anyway :(

Wuped
3rd July 2011, 07:25
iv made maps before like this, i just wanted to get ideas, but thanks anyway :(

Lies, ALL LIES.

thermodynamic
3rd July 2011, 23:38
i think he will do it hes awsome like that

as a note on my trip wire trap ativated the trip wire by the hidden perhaps ?

esrever321
4th July 2011, 01:59
I do like trip wires, I'll see if i can add it in somewhere but no promises :(. I've started but still looking for ideas, doesn't matter if i dont get anymore though.

thermodynamic
4th July 2011, 02:40
have a door the hidden has to open from the other side that fires a prop at a moderate speed down a hallway towards the iris

esrever321
4th July 2011, 03:31
I like the idea of being able to fire something down a hall way :D

thermodynamic
4th July 2011, 03:54
lol cartoon style piano down the stairs :D

-SM-SUCKER
4th July 2011, 07:00
Please keep in mind the Hidden can already push stuff at high speeds using his pigstick/shove attack.

esrever321
4th July 2011, 10:07
Please keep in mind the Hidden can already push stuff at high speeds using his pigstick/shove attack.

Yes but it's not very accurate (hits the roof sometimes) I want to make it more accurate and not as fast so it's not an instant kill.

biohazard-uk
4th July 2011, 11:12

Maybe a large/heavy object at the top of the stairs that can be ps'd down the stairs at IRIS, not sure if it'll do much to IRIS though...still could try it to see what happens.

thermodynamic
4th July 2011, 23:59
still be funny to watch a bunch of iris freak out when this piano goes down the stairs at them XD

esrever321
5th July 2011, 02:03
I could create a custom sound of the piano geting all the keys hit as it falls down the stairs, that would sound really funny.

thermodynamic
5th July 2011, 02:58
XD go for it