PDA

View Full Version : Mute or Unmute

Arnold
6th June 2011, 17:54
Sup guys. You may have seen me in a Hidden Source servers as the Arnold (ultimate Arny voice maker). I'd played it since it was released, and actually im biggest fan of this mod. But back to Business.

So i encountered that problem that "some" unproffesional people may keep me Muted (not as a Admin's permMute, just an ordinary player's list mute). So i wonder is there any way to get throuth this lil' wall of missunderstanding?

Digit*
6th June 2011, 20:55
Yes, stop trying to be the governator. Because he's seriously not "going to be back".

Also, stop trying to act like some shitty girl called Briana fooling every horny nerd out there that you are a GOTI. I'm curious as to how you cannot see the point that not everyone enjoys his game when an AHNOLD sound bite spammer enters the fray.

I hope this helped you get through the wall of misunderstanding.

Colonel Mustard
6th June 2011, 21:25
I actually find him quite funny. Most of his phrases are actually quite appropriate to the situation and it almost feels as if I'm talking to arnold....almost :(

Zabiela
6th June 2011, 21:31
So i wonder is there any way to

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f346/Walouf/1208813475992.png
No.

-SM-SUCKER
6th June 2011, 22:14
I actually find him quite funny. Most of his phrases are actually quite appropriate to the situation and it almost feels as if I'm talking to arnold....almost :(
I do not like it, but I never muted him too. For the reason stated above.

But to answer your question: No, thank god there is no way around it.

Arnold
7th June 2011, 05:07
I do not believe you

Source Engine is quite shaping thing. People are doing more crazy stuff on new versions of it, but Hidden is pretty much outdated

Arnold
7th June 2011, 06:21
And actually im not going to just simply annoy players with laud music and etc

But there is Few guys who think they can Fuck with me. But nobody FUCKS with Arnold

-SM-SUCKER
7th June 2011, 06:29
It is a client thing. So still, NO.

Arnold
7th June 2011, 06:34
Does the admin have the right to mute\unmute through RCON commands?

Arnold
7th June 2011, 06:40
One more thing that I'm curious about - is Hidden Source developing dead? Will be there Beta5?

biohazard-uk
7th June 2011, 21:41
Will be there Beta5?

one day...

-SM-SUCKER
7th June 2011, 22:38
Referring to one of the developers it will be released in a month.

Arnold
8th June 2011, 06:24
Referring to one of the developers it will be released in a month.
What do you mean «in a month»? You mean this month, June?

Zabiela
8th June 2011, 07:05
What do you mean «in a month»? You mean this month, June?

Any month will do, as long as its a month.

Gusdor
8th June 2011, 07:53
Any month will do, as long as its a month.
Like a boss

Sniper
8th June 2011, 09:24
Like a boss

Covering his ass. XD

Wuped
8th June 2011, 11:12
And actually im not going to just simply annoy players with laud music and etc

But there is Few guys who think they can Fuck with me. But nobody FUCKS with Arnold

But your shitty soundboard shittiness annoys me no matter how you use it. Get a mic.

Arnold
8th June 2011, 11:32
But your shitty soundboard shittiness annoys me no matter how you use it. Get a mic.
You are funny guy
I have a three mics. And stop whining
And better someone close this topic

Gusdor
8th June 2011, 11:48
As previously mentioned, the VOIP mute function is client side. Only the executing code has rights to change it, and I'm not even sure it is an SDK feature. Not entirely sure how Valve would feel about any circumvention.

The crazy thing about the mute function is that it serves as a handy feedback mechanism for your broadcasts. A peer review if you will.