PDA

View Full Version : Remove/Reduce Physics Damage

-SM-SUCKER
31st August 2010, 00:06
I figured that the basic idea was to have one team with ranged wepaons and another team with only melee.
Using physics gives the Hidden the choice not to close the distance, but to strike from far away.
This was, as far as I know, NOT the intention of the developers (RIP).
So maybe we should think about reducing the amount of damage drastically.
I was thinking maybe reduce the maximum damage to 25 but increase the minimum damge to 10. Maybe even lower.

I know, physing is all fun, but it is overused as a killing method. A method that is ranged after all.
Check the very first rule here (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6549).

Playing the Hidden should (once a new beta is out...) be close and personal again.

Discuss, but do not kill me.

Plude220
31st August 2010, 00:58
Im going to kill you :D I for one dont think that physics is over used only a hand full of players are good at it and for those long time players its the only thing keeping them playing the game. For me physics is the funest part of the game ive gotten to the point where slashing everyone is too easy and no longer as fun as it used to be I needed a bigger challenge thats where physics comes in once you learn to use physics good you pretty much mastered the game (in my opinion) you kill physics you kill the game.

I know your not talkin about getting rid of physics all together I thought that thier was allready a (phys cap) plugin that makes physics do 75 damage tops? 75 is reasonable but 25 tops is weak if you slash someone 2 times you would still have to hit them with a object 2 times to kill them thats just no fun(to me atleast).

I think that like (Pigstick) Physics being Caped should be a option for each server this is the only fair way to do it I think.

I know no matter what decision ging makes you cant make everyone happy but you could loose alot of old players over this.

Sniper
31st August 2010, 01:05
Im going to kill you

^^^

FFAF
31st August 2010, 05:01
even though i kinda like this this idea, i donīt know if this is really necessary, since the old farts barely play anymore and the new guys are busy camping and/or teamkilling each other along with tripple nading/slashing everyone. Because of that a physcap is not really necessary, plus if you put a retarded ammount of time into beeing a good physkiller, you should deserve your hits beeing a one hit kill!

Letīs be honest, i know this sounds sad, but for the most guys physkills are the only reason why some of the old guys still play this mod.

The same rule applied to the Statspage(it went offline and almost every statswhore stopped playing).

Most people simply started hacking because the concept of this game was too complicated for them or they started teamkilling and stopped playing after a short period of time. the dreadfully rest is us. :(

i loved/love this game because i had a great time and met a couple of really cool guys, but nowadays this mod unfortunately is filled with idiots and hackers and no one really seems interested in playing this game like it was meant to be.

It is a pitty because Ging and his friends put so much effort into this. i really hope it will be like it was back in the days, scary and fascinating with or without physkills or whatever may come to replace it or what physkill will be in the future.

All i can say is "turn around" i will wait there in the shadows :D.

Colonel Mustard
31st August 2010, 06:05
Im going to kill you.

dido ^^^.

you could loose alot of old players over this.

Yeah I'd probably scrap this game if they did that. Physing is the only thing keeping me going nowadays :( and even that is not becoming enough.

Darkhand
31st August 2010, 06:10
From someone who had his server set to 25hp max phys damage forever until the old farts made him change it, I agree completely. :D

Or maybe some method of varying phys damage based on the mass of the object thrown... Get nailed with a crate and you take heavy damage, but a tin can wouldn't splatter you. :D The maps would need to take that into account though, and strategically place items of certain mass in certain places.

Hmmm... If throwing phys objects used up stamina, that could help even things up as well. Perhaps base that on mass... you wouldn't have to change the maps.

[TSAT]Flow
31st August 2010, 06:17
If maximum phys damage gets reduced to less than 75, this community will never see me again.

It's already annoying enough to deal with trippleslashers and nade whores as it is.

Colonel Mustard
31st August 2010, 06:20
Flow;150226']If maximum phys damage gets reduced to less than 75, this community will never see me again.

It's already annoying enough to deal with trippleslashers and nade whores as it is.

I completely agree 110% with you flow. I don't think there will really be a forums community since about 80% or so are all avid phys killers.

-SM-SUCKER
31st August 2010, 07:48
Guess I will have to use my Codename in the future :(

But still, I think capping the maximum damage of physics would benefit this game.
The basic idea behind the Hidden was that he needs to close the distance to kill. This is no longer necessary for those who can phys-insta-kill from every angle and every distance. At the time the IRIS gets hit, the Hidden is already behind cover and/or somewhere far far away.
This may not apply to most players, but many of the regulars can do this.
This means almost on every server there is at least one of us. Someone who can destroy the IRIS without giving them a chance to hit him, because he is just not there anymore when the pallet hits.

Say we would decrease the maximum damage and instead of 500 the maximum would be 50. Then you could still kill with 2 strikes. Which still is too fast in my opinion. Because you can still do it from behind cover. But gibs are not that common.
The "standard" 100 damage swipe would then be reduced to 25-30.

You could still effectively kill with physics, but the use of the knife and therefore getting personal again (:)) would be needed to do it in time.

Paegus
31st August 2010, 07:53
and yet the idea comes from an avid phys player. if you're all really that good at physwhoring (ohyesidid) then big deal. you can still own it up just at a slower pace with less chance of boring domination.

keeping in mind that a new release would mean new players en-mass, you'll be fending off triple-this and camper-that anyway.

personally i like the idea of the red-phys: no phys hit can be fatal unless the player has a red aura. I wanted to set it so the closer to 1hp the guy has and the higher the hit-power the more likely he'll gib but i never could amp the actual damage received to get that effect.

Zabiela
31st August 2010, 08:49
I was thinking maybe reduce the maximum damage to 25 but increase the minimum damge to 10. Maybe even lower.

/signed

Dr.SharK
31st August 2010, 08:55
I'm a veteran.

I hate getting instagibbed by phys objects, as I'm already dead before I can even react.

If you ask me, instagib physkills are much worse than pigsticks. Atleast in the case of pigsticks, you might stand a chance at reacting.

This constant phys-kill domination has led me to more or less leave a server whenever someone does it. It is just not fun.

Sincerely

Dr.SharK

FFAF
31st August 2010, 15:04
In my opinion the 75dmg cap is ok. but there is a bigger problem than the physkills.

There are players which can see the hidden way to easily. The most Beginners getting pretty upset about getting shot in midair by the so called pros, this is the main reason for their frustration and why they decide to not play the game again.

The round starts, they finally become the hidden and they get killed 10 seconds after round start by the 1337 spotter fn2000 whores.

Even if you are really good at playing the hidden you pretty much need to insta physkill them around corners to get away alive(if you miss or do less damage than100 you are fucked).

My list would look like this.

1.Make the hidden less visible!
2.Nerf the Weapon Damage (we had some tests running on YARRR which turned out quite well)
3.Nerf the Hiddenīs knife to 25 dmg per hit.
4.Physcap 75 dmg.

Reducing the weapon damage and making the hidden less visible would force the iris to play more as a team and not rambo on their own! so if someone decides to rambo on his own he is pretty much toast.

Genre
31st August 2010, 18:29
As soon as talk began about phys being nerfed, I began getting into the habit of slashing the IRIS at least once before I killed them with an object. I side with TDP on this one, phys needs a nerf. In the hands of a skilled player, it becomes pigstick2.0 and it does get boring. Phys objects in my opinion (as of late) are more of a distraction and mindgame. Remember when elbig would simply throw things around, disappear, and 10-hit you to death, occasionally getting those insta-gibs? That's what physing should be. The bragging rights are great until before you know it you're known as the biggest frag whore on the continent and nobody will play with you. Skilled players should be taking the attitude of messing with the IRIS anyway, why would we need the insta-gib?

I say nerf the max damage to 40 and keep the rest the same.

[TSAT]Flow
31st August 2010, 18:43
Skilled players should be taking the attitude of messing with the IRIS anyway, why would we need the insta-gib?

Messing with IRIS like making one of their colleagues explode right infront of them, leaving nothing but a puddle of blood, meat and a teddybear? :rolleyes:

Sniper
31st August 2010, 18:54
Guess I will have to use my Codename in the future :(

Don't worry, when I see you on an euro server, I'll double-nade-slash you just so you can feel better. :rolleyes:

The bragging rights are great until before you know it you're known as the biggest frag whore on the continent and nobody will play with you.

Like you? :p

Flow;150234']Messing with IRIS like making one of their colleagues explode right infront of them, leaving nothing but a puddle of blood, meat and a teddybear?

:D

-SM-SUCKER
31st August 2010, 21:10
There are players which can see the hidden way to easily.
True, but there is not much you can do about it because...
1.Make the hidden less visible!
if you do this, the newcomers will have an even harder time! This could be an option if your K/D ratio is to high, maybe.
3.Nerf the Hiddenīs knife to 25 dmg per hit.
And again, this should only apply to people with a high K/D ratio, else you will only kill the fun for the new guys.

This concernes the basic problem that a certain amount of players have reached a level of skill, which is so incredibly high that new players MUST think you are cheating. And if they get destroyed no matter if they are IRIS or Hidden just causes more players to leave this mod alone.
I would not want to touch the mechanics in a way that it affects the basic needs of a fresh player who does not even know about pouncing and aura vision.

We cannot take the experience away from those long time players. And we do not want to have them leave either.
So what I want to achieve is something that makes it more challanging for the experienced guys to kill the enemy team without taking away the fun.

Capping the phys damage could be seen as yet another challenge for us freaks. And I know that even if the damage would be reduced to max 10 there would still be people using phys only and still kill all IRIS.

But it would take longer, giving them at least the idea of having a chance. And chances are higher to actually kill the Hidden.

Colonel Mustard
31st August 2010, 22:28
There are players which can see the hidden way to easily.
The round starts, they finally become the hidden and they get killed 10 seconds after round start by the 1337 spotter fn2000 whores.

Even if you are really good at playing the hidden you pretty much need to insta physkill them around corners to get away alive(if you miss or do less damage than100 you are fucked).

Reducing the weapon damage.

My name is Colonel Mustard and I approve this message. The answer to Uber high k/d ratios that frag whores know and love: Suicides. I always suicide because i try to shy away from the super high scores. Like they said, all they do is turn players away. Lately I've been totally toning down my kills and I've just been enjoying the game and its players. :D Maybe a server plugin like the one on 2frag beginners that just kills you if your k/d ratio is too high, like say 15 to 1-5. Looks like there are 2 camps here though. Phys nerfers and phys keepers. :eek:

[TSAT]Flow
31st August 2010, 22:46
Just to clarify this, I'm not against a phys damage cap in general, but I feel like 10 dmg is WAY over the top.

Plude220
1st September 2010, 00:39
If you ask me, instagib physkills are much worse than pigsticks. Atleast in the case of pigsticks, you might stand a chance at reacting.

Ive heard this many times and Phys killing has more disadvantages than pig sticking

1. You can hear the hidden pick up a object if you have surround sound you can lock in on that location fast.

2. The hidden is obviously more visible when hes holding a object you get fired on immediately.

Also most physics kills expecialy one hit kills are done at close range Long range kills are much harded to accomplish and very rarely do I see one hit long range kills.

Pigsticking takes no real skill at all jump behind someone and right click boom dead. physing is 100% harder than slashing and people still say its noobish just because they know its hard and thier jealous they cant do it it just takes practice people like ever thing else.

This concernes the basic problem that a certain amount of players have reached a level of skill, which is so incredibly high that new players MUST think you are cheating. And if they get destroyed no matter if they are IRIS or Hidden just causes more players to leave this mod alone.

This is the reason servers like 2Frag4Fun have both a begginers server and a Expert servers.

Also the reason I started up my physics server but if this cap happens thier wouldnt be much point in starting the server back up witch brings me back to my point physics cap should be a server choice.

And I know that even if the damage would be reduced to max 10 there would still be people using phys only and still kill all IRIS.

If someone is able to do this with me in the server I will suck thier balls dry :D I say this cause it will never happen :).

Colonel Mustard
1st September 2010, 00:46
Ive heard this many times and Phys killing has more disadvantages than pig sticking

1. You can hear the hidden pick up a object if you have surround sound you can lock in on that location fast.

2. The hidden is obviously more visible when hes holding a object you get fired on immediately.

Also most physics kills expecialy one hit kills are done at close range Long range kills are much harded to accomplish and very rarely do I see one hit long range kills.

Pigsticking takes no real skill at all jump behind someone and right click boom dead. physing is 100% harder than slashing and people still say its noobish just because they know its hard and thier jealous they cant do it it just takes practice people like ever thing else.
+1 plude :D

-SM-SUCKER
1st September 2010, 01:43
If someone is able to do this with me in the server I will suck thier balls dry :D I say this cause it will never happen :).
Well then prepare yourself. In certain circumstances (IRIS sitting in a corner, barrel in front of him) you can hit him with a standard throw, dealing 5-10 hp damage. But you can pick the barrel back up while it is still in the air, right after bouncing off. Throw again, rinse repeat. This can be done extremely fat, I call it the machine barrel.
The barrel shields you from most bullets and the IRIS will usually panic after 2-4 hits hit him in the first second.

Making it a server variable is something I would be content with, too.

Plude220
1st September 2010, 02:09
You may kill 2 maybe 3 but 8 people with 10 hits per person in 4 to 6 mins depending on server time that would be one for the guinness book of world records :p

Darkhand
1st September 2010, 03:57
Making it a server variable is something I would be content with, too.

A server variable might be the perfect compromise... A server owner could set it to whatever they want and the market would decide whether the setting is successful or not.

sv_maxphysdamage?

Plude220
1st September 2010, 04:03
That sounds good to me and sv_minphysdamage :) genious!

The crisis has been solved everyone can stop posting now ;)

Zabiela
1st September 2010, 04:39
The crisis has been solved everyone can stop posting now ;)

One last thing-
Any changes must preserve the ability to jib-splode.

Also, genre and plude hack.

Thats all!

Dr.SharK
1st September 2010, 06:24

Long range, close range, it makes no difference. What matters is that pigstick was disabled to remove instagib kills - which physkills are now taking care of.

A game focused on skill like Hidden is, does NOT benefit - in any way, shape or form - from having one side of the field having an instagib button.

The complaints against physics has nothing to do with skill. It has to do with fun.

The Hidden is a game. It is meant to be fun. Getting slaughtered in a single hit with no way to retaliate is not my idea of fun, nor many others. You cannot fathom the amount of times I've seen a server go dead because someone decided to be a douchebag and utterly dominate the server.

(I am aware that the shotgun can do this as well, but that is getting nerfed, and you almost never see 1shot shotgun kills anymore. 1hit physkills happen constantly)

[TSAT]Flow
1st September 2010, 06:36
ITT: Colonel Mustard agrees with everyone. :D

Paegus
1st September 2010, 07:23
sv_maxphysdamage?

sv_minphysdamage :)

preserve the ability to jib-splode.

feel free to dick around with the b5 phys plugin then. should be fairly easy to add the cap vars as right now they're just defines. the only down side is the minphysdamage... you'll probably need to eliminate the original hit and replace it with your own pointhurt sourced one ala mirror damage.

FFAF
1st September 2010, 16:18
I know the best method to instandly boost the playerbase.

The Hidden Source needs hats which you can unlock.

There will be a 200+Dmg Physkill hat for the hidden which looks like a gibbed IRIS Torso and even a Vlees91 hat which enables sv_cheats 1.

Wow, i can almost smell the idling and achievement servers. :p

(i canīt wait for the hidden update tommorow)

Darkhand
1st September 2010, 16:20
feel free to dick around with the b5 phys plugin then. should be fairly easy to add the cap vars as right now they're just defines. the only down side is the minphysdamage... you'll probably need to eliminate the original hit and replace it with your own pointhurt sourced one ala mirror damage.

That's what I used for my 25 damage cap, works wonderfully. But I meant as a built in setting for B5-6-7-whamalamadinglong-unicornlike-next-release

Plude220
1st September 2010, 16:34
What matters is that pigstick was disabled to remove instagib kills

Pig sticking wasnt removed completly just a server option now like physics should be.

Some servers still run pigstick and like I said before this game takes time to get good at and for new people coming in they should go to beginners server Like 2frag4fun beginners server if they go to the 2frag4fun expert server they should expect to get owned.

But experts should stay out of beginners server this is where the problem lies.

If you think about it 2frag allready had this problem solved before the post was made 2 servers one for beginners who cant phys and a expert server for people that can or are learning to phys.

A game focused on skill like Hidden is, does NOT benefit - in any way, shape or form - from having one side of the field having an instagib button.
The complaints against physics has nothing to do with skill. It has to do with fun.

Instagibing people consistantly takes a high level of skill and lots of hard earned time spent practicing and all that hard work may soon be for nothing.

Everyone has thier opinon to many instagibing and being instagibed is the funest part of the game to others its not you will never satisfy everyone.

(I personaly like it when someone instagibs me I congratgulate them cause I know its hard to do and instagibs make me laugh.

You say the game is about fun well by doing this your taking the fun away from physers.

I am aware that the shotgun can do this as well, but that is getting nerfed, and you almost never see 1shot shotgun kills anymore. 1hit physkills happen constantly

I get one hit shottyed all the time not as much as with physics but I play with people that phys and geting killed with objects doesnt bother me.

Colonel Mustard
1st September 2010, 22:10
The multi quoting on this thread is just awesome :D

Flow;150247']ITT: Colonel Mustard agrees with everyone. :D :p

That's what I used for my 25 damage cap, works wonderfully. But I meant as a built in setting for B5-6-7-whamalamadinglong-unicornlike-next-release
I don't think your admins would like it if you did a phys damage cap :confused: There might be a rebellion! The great Darkhands admin revolution of 2010 :eek:
Don't be suprised if they do a coup on youuuu :cool:

Orfn
1st September 2010, 23:49
This game has a lot of balance issues and phys isn't the only flaw. Triple slashing is easy and you can even get away with it on more experienced players occasionally. Even assuming you don't, anybody who's been playing this game long enough can easily run circles around the average IRIS. I've been in a lot of matches where I'll take my time slashing everyone twice, then go through the map delivering the killing blow to everyone in about twenty-thirty seconds.

I started learning phys, courtesy of Mustard's instruction, about two months ago. I'm awful at it, compared to the pros. Only one out of ten throws actually connect and maybe one in ten of those do more than 20-30 damage. The average player still gets pissed because they can't hit me and they think I'm just screwing with them even though I'm making an honest effort to squish the fuck out of them with barrels and boxes and pallets (I have more luck with these).

I have a terribad laptop. When I play Hidden, everything is fuzzy and I get a lot of graphical glitches. Playing against Mustard, I can generally hit him often enough to piss him off without actually killing him and I'm relatively good at dodging phys. It's usually just a matter of mindgames, just crouch jumping in any direction (other than away from him because it's too predictable) at the last second. This seems to be effective against pretty much everyone in the US servers, enough to keep me alive longer than anyone else.

Despite all the complaints, phys is not a long-range thing most of the time. Most phys kills and attempts are performed maybe two steps outside of knife range, at worst. What's more, you get a chance to see him coming very plainly and shooting the guy is usually a matter of paying attention to his direction and aiming behind and above/below the object.

I basically quit Hidden last week. The community is weak and at times extremely frustrating. New players are obnoxious campers and fragwhores, old players are remorseless demigods. It gets old quick. I'd go into a server and realize a short while later that I had over twenty kills while hardly anyone else was breaking 5. And if not me, someone else. Close games are rare. Nobody likes being constantly dominated, and it isn't fun to always be on top with hardly any effort.

The game's concept is great, but it isn't backed by the mechanics. Hidden should be a game about tension and strategy, with constant skirmishes leaving both sides nervously anticipating the next strike. Perhaps scaled damage would help? Less IRIS would mean lower knife damage and higher gun damage. That would encourage the Hidden to hit and run instead of just effortlessly tripleslashing. More IRIS would mean more knife damage and less gun damage, so that the Hidden's strikes are more meaningful and IRIS has to work together more. Think Diablo. Damage and difficulty on each side scaled to player count. Something to consider, maybe?

(Pardon the random assortment of thoughts, I get distracted easily.)

Plude220
2nd September 2010, 00:45
New players are obnoxious campers and fragwhores, old players are remorseless demigods. It gets old quick.

In my opioion we all started off noobs at this game I started playing a few months after the first beta came out and thier was allready people very good I got owned for months just because I was getting raped every round didnt mean I was going to quit playing how are you going to get good at anything by quiting? I kept playing and learning and now I can hold my own in the game.

This is the way every online game is you cant just jump in a game thats been out for years expecting to be the best at the game if your not up to the challenge to learn to be better than you shouldnt play.

Colonel Mustard
2nd September 2010, 01:10
This game has a lot of balance issues and phys isn't the only flaw. Triple slashing is easy and you can even get away with it on more experienced players occasionally. Even assuming you don't, anybody who's been playing this game long enough can easily run circles around the average IRIS. I've been in a lot of matches where I'll take my time slashing everyone twice, then go through the map delivering the killing blow to everyone in about twenty-thirty seconds.

I started learning phys, courtesy of Mustard's instruction, about two months ago. I'm awful at it, compared to the pros. Only one out of ten throws actually connect and maybe one in ten of those do more than 20-30 damage. The average player still gets pissed because they can't hit me and they think I'm just screwing with them even though I'm making an honest effort to squish the fuck out of them with barrels and boxes and pallets (I have more luck with these).

I have a terribad laptop. When I play Hidden, everything is fuzzy and I get a lot of graphical glitches. Playing against Mustard, I can generally hit him often enough to piss him off without actually killing him and I'm relatively good at dodging phys. It's usually just a matter of mindgames, just crouch jumping in any direction (other than away from him because it's too predictable) at the last second. This seems to be effective against pretty much everyone in the US servers, enough to keep me alive longer than anyone else.

Despite all the complaints, phys is not a long-range thing most of the time. Most phys kills and attempts are performed maybe two steps outside of knife range, at worst. What's more, you get a chance to see him coming very plainly and shooting the guy is usually a matter of paying attention to his direction and aiming behind and above/below the object.

I basically quit Hidden last week. The community is weak and at times extremely frustrating. New players are obnoxious campers and fragwhores, old players are remorseless demigods. It gets old quick. I'd go into a server and realize a short while later that I had over twenty kills while hardly anyone else was breaking 5. And if not me, someone else. Close games are rare. Nobody likes being constantly dominated, and it isn't fun to always be on top with hardly any effort.

The game's concept is great, but it isn't backed by the mechanics. Hidden should be a game about tension and strategy, with constant skirmishes leaving both sides nervously anticipating the next strike. Perhaps scaled damage would help? Less IRIS would mean lower knife damage and higher gun damage. That would encourage the Hidden to hit and run instead of just effortlessly tripleslashing. More IRIS would mean more knife damage and less gun damage, so that the Hidden's strikes are more meaningful and IRIS has to work together more. Think Diablo. Damage and difficulty on each side scaled to player count. Something to consider, maybe?

(Pardon the random assortment of thoughts, I get distracted easily.)
My advice to you Orfn is: Stop trying to play the game and just have fun with it :D If some nub is camping triple nade them for crying out loud or troll them out of the server. This game is way past its prime, we all know that. But that doesn't mean you still can't have fun with the players that do play. You've played with me many times where all we did was mess around and not actually play.

The thing to do is when regular competetive play gets boring, SWITCH. IT. UP. I've noticed that about you. Too often you get bored of just playing regularly. That is the time to do something else. Que and I got bored one day during Highrise and we discovered that exploit to get to the ground. Things like that that are outside of the orthodox game-play are what makes this game fun and entertaining.

Anddddddddd you won't get any good at physing if you don't practice. Practice your swings on bots and boxes, practice your pouncing manouvers. I personally have a routine i go through every single time I play stalkyard.Practice situations you know you have gotten into before and problem solve your way out of it. Do these things enough times and they become like clock work to you. Oh and also, If you want close games, play on a euro server like yarrr, or gather all of the best american players and stick them in one server :p

As I saw Ritalin once say on here: You start out as a noob, then become a killingmachine, then a jokester(something along those lines) who gets savage delight messing with the IRIS and whatnot. You won't evolve if you don't keep playing. The good things in this game only come with experience and everyone on these forums are still here because of their experiences. That's about all I will say for now, but in the mean time, keep playing.

Orfn
2nd September 2010, 05:08
My advice to you Orfn is: Stop trying to play the game and just have fun with it :D If some nub is camping triple nade them for crying out loud or troll them out of the server. This game is way past its prime, we all know that. But that doesn't mean you still can't have fun with the players that do play. You've played with me many times where all we did was mess around and not actually play.

The thing to do is when regular competetive play gets boring, SWITCH. IT. UP. I've noticed that about you. Too often you get bored of just playing regularly. That is the time to do something else. Que and I got bored one day during Highrise and we discovered that exploit to get to the ground. Things like that that are outside of the orthodox game-play are what makes this game fun and entertaining.

Anddddddddd you won't get any good at physing if you don't practice. Practice your swings on bots and boxes, practice your pouncing manouvers. I personally have a routine i go through every single time I play stalkyard.Practice situations you know you have gotten into before and problem solve your way out of it. Do these things enough times and they become like clock work to you. Oh and also, If you want close games, play on a euro server like yarrr, or gather all of the best american players and stick them in one server :p

As I saw Ritalin once say on here: You start out as a noob, then become a killingmachine, then a jokester(something along those lines) who gets savage delight messing with the IRIS and whatnot. You won't evolve if you don't keep playing. The good things in this game only come with experience and everyone on these forums are still here because of their experiences. That's about all I will say for now, but in the mean time, keep playing.

It is fun to just fuck around every now and then. Played a lot of good games with you, Solo, plude, Neon, eDavid, Hink and a few others from the US servers. Unfortunately, my ping is so high in YARRR that I can't even walk around without running into walls.

Anyways, I might start playing again when I'm not so tired of the grind. I just wish this community had more good, friendly regulars of various skill levels to keep things interesting because the game has a great deal of potential. I think the best matches were the ones where everyone was talking and bullshitting around while they played.

In my opioion we all started off noobs at this game I started playing a few months after the first beta came out and thier was allready people very good I got owned for months just because I was getting raped every round didnt mean I was going to quit playing how are you going to get good at anything by quiting? I kept playing and learning and now I can hold my own in the game.

This is the way every online game is you cant just jump in a game thats been out for years expecting to be the best at the game if your not up to the challenge to learn to be better than you shouldnt play.

I started playing back in late February this year. Took a break and started playing a lot more in late May. I got a lot better really fast. I started sending friend requests to the good players and followed them into servers, let them rape me, and watched them. I got a lot better and it took a lot of patience to learn phys, but I did it. Then I hit a point where I was making entire servers ragequit (when other regulars weren't around) and the noobs were calling me a "pro fag", even when I was giving out turns as Hidden and trying to help people get better.

I'm not really concerned with my personal performance though, I agree that if you're not good at a game you should work at getting better or stop complaining or playing. My grievances are with the community, the average player, the way servers tend to balance out (aka, they don't).

Plude220
2nd September 2010, 05:32
I agree that hidden seems to be a magnet for assholes and hackers maybe none of the new people thinks thier are any active admins anymore?

Anyway I think im going to take a few weeks off from playing normally I tend to do better when i quit for a while and come back for some reason.

Zabiela
2nd September 2010, 06:55
a Vlees91 hat which enables sv_cheats 1.

I lol'd

-SM-SUCKER
2nd September 2010, 07:31
Everyone has thier opinon to many instagibing and being instagibed is the funest part of the game
Getting insta-killed might be fun for you, because you can expect to become Hidden sooner or later. But the average player/newcomer does not have this option. He gets killed without any chance to know from where you hit him. Because other than the pigstick the physics can bethrown from almost any distance and you do not hear them coming.
To pigstick someone you have to get close and get the timing right, or else the IRIS will turn too soon and hit you.

Another point is that physing as it is done right now is an unforseen consequence ;) When the devs included the ability to pick up items it was ment as a distraction, to scare players a bit. But it was never ment to kill. The devs probably only experienced the 5-10 hp blows and to execute them you would be standing there holding a barrel in your hand.

But I would still ike to see gibbing in game. Just let the max-damage throws gib a player if he dies.

Physics were never intended to do so much damage.
The Hidden is a game where the Hidden is supposed to get into melee range to kill.

Wuped
2nd September 2010, 19:28
I agree that hidden seems to be a magnet for assholes and hackers maybe none of the new people thinks thier are any active admins anymore?

I notice you posted this yesterday I hope that has nothing to do with me and genre playing yesterday (:

Genre
2nd September 2010, 20:05
Hey Wup, I have those physkills on you on demo ;)

I find myself instagibbing people more by mistake now than anything. I think there should be a cap just to prevent that so I can keep messing with the IRIS.

I hate instagibbing someone with my first prop throw of the round, and then feeling like I have to rush so they don't sit through 5 minutes of agonizing boredom as I kill the rest of the team. I would much rather slash them down to low health and then prop kill them all. Sure it's not the same powerhouse bragging right of "I CAN GIB YOU MOTHAFUCKA" but it makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Thatguyovarthar
2nd September 2010, 20:13
I think you should keep the physic kills the same because there really funny and creative ways to kill people :) Also sorry for the big signature... reply if you want me to shrink it

Wuped
2nd September 2010, 20:15
I think you should keep the physic kills the same because there really funny and creative ways to kill people :) Also sorry for the big signature

If you are sorry for it howbout you change it, it's way to big of an image.

Genre
2nd September 2010, 20:37
You don't seriously think a signature image that size is even remotely acceptable, do you?

[TSAT]Flow
2nd September 2010, 21:12
I think you should keep the physic kills the same because there really funny and creative ways to kill people :) Also sorry for the big signature... reply if you want me to shrink it

That is one awesome sig you got there.

Sniper
2nd September 2010, 22:44
You don't seriously think a signature image that size is even remotely acceptable, do you?

You mean you've never had a 800*600 pixel signature before? :rolleyes:

Thatguyovarthar
2nd September 2010, 23:13
Ok the size is much smaller now and is more smooth but a little slower =[

Colonel Mustard
2nd September 2010, 23:59

Anyway I think im going to take a few weeks off from playing normally I tend to do better when i quit for a while and come back for some reason.

Plude I completely agree with you. lol more agreeing for me :p but seriously I am taking a hidden break for real this time. I'm not even into the game that much anymore, all I do is half ass at hidden and suicide as iris :( just let me know when you start to play again :)

To pigstick someone you have to get close and get the timing right, or else the IRIS will turn too soon and hit you.
I've pigsticked people crouching right in front of them and they had no idea i was there and I've seen many a noob do this with no problem :p it honestly is not as hard as you are making it out to be :cool:

Plude220
3rd September 2010, 02:18
I notice you posted this yesterday I hope that has nothing to do with me and genre playing yesterday (:

Yep your the hacker and genre's the asshole :D Not really.... but seriously "Cough Cough" you hack "Cough" sorry got a cold :) you get that?

Sniper
3rd September 2010, 02:35

* No Animated images.
* 5 lines of text allowed for signatures.
* You may have pictures, but then only two lines of text.
* Total Signature image size to be kept below 30K, and 400 width / 150 height.
* Links are allowed, but keep their length to 3 - 4 words.
* Keep text size standard, minimal use of colours for text.

So no, your signature is still not complying with the rules.

Paegus
3rd September 2010, 08:04
can has topic back naows?

Wuped
3rd September 2010, 21:26

No it's ours now.

Sniper
3rd September 2010, 22:32

Your signature is not within compliance of the forum rules...

Colonel Mustard
3rd September 2010, 22:58

Your signature is not within compliance of the forum rules...

If you are sorry for it howbout you change it, it's way to big of an image.

So no, your signature is still not complying with the rules.
whiners :p

Zabiela
6th September 2010, 04:34
Yep your the hacker and genre's the asshole :D

Whoa there, just because Wuped has better hacks than you and Genre does not make you and Genre not hackers.
:p

Go... go fall off of highrise... all of you

Specht
6th September 2010, 17:07
All your topic are belong to us.

-SM-SUCKER
6th September 2010, 17:55
So obvioulsy you all like this idea... else you would not stop discussing it.:D

Orfn
7th September 2010, 10:05
So obvioulsy you all like this idea... else you would not stop discussing it.:D

That is the silliest logical fallacy I've ever heard. I don't think there's even a name for that.

Digit*
7th September 2010, 17:57
That is the silliest logical fallacy I've ever heard. I don't think there's even a name for that.

Yes there is...it's called sarcasm. Learn2vocabulary

[TSAT]Flow
7th September 2010, 18:55

you mean vocalabary

Colonel Mustard
7th September 2010, 23:22

there is a possibility that he wasn't being sarcastic and was in fact serious. ;)

Sniper
8th September 2010, 01:49
Flow;150320']you mean vocalabary

* No Animated images.
* 5 lines of text allowed for signatures.
* You may have pictures, but then only two lines of text.
* Total Signature image size to be kept below 30K, and 400 width / 150 height.
* Links are allowed, but keep their length to 3 - 4 words.
* Keep text size standard, minimal use of colours for text.

Your signature is not in compliance with the forum rules either.

/thread hijack :p

And no... It's vocabulary... ;)

Zabiela
8th September 2010, 03:57

Way to bring about the signature police :p
Im glad i kept it simple

Colonel Mustard
8th September 2010, 03:59
sniper is like the signature nazi.:rolleyes:

Sniper
8th September 2010, 04:45
http://www.socaltrailriders.org/gallery/data/883/ThreadHijackOnecopy.jpg

[TSAT]Flow
8th September 2010, 07:13
And no... It's vocabulary... ;)

Pretty sure it's vocalaberry... :confused:

Dr.SharK
8th September 2010, 07:35
vocalabury? lol wut, it's totally våwcalabruary

Zabiela
8th September 2010, 07:54
å

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/1273960455550.jpg

Wuped
8th September 2010, 08:34
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/1273960455550.jpg

I rehosted your image to a site that allows hotlinking for you.
http://i.imgur.com/BLctf.jpg

Colonel Mustard
8th September 2010, 15:10
http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/my-hair-is-a-bird-argument-invalid-386x449.jpg

Paegus
8th September 2010, 17:15
mustn't...

close...

thread...

Ging
8th September 2010, 17:39
To bring it back around full circle - phys killing was never an intentional aspect of the game, when people figured out how to fling really hard we were suitably surprised.

Then I got insta-gibbed 5 times in a row by a dick who doesn't know how to have fun and we decided that some sort of cap needed to be instituted - I think we've actually already had this discussion, or at least, I pretended we did and the decision was that it was a good idea.

Specht
8th September 2010, 18:04
I still think it should be a server side option to limit the damage or not.

Sniper
8th September 2010, 18:53
To bring it back around full circle - phys killing was never an intentional aspect of the game, when people figured out how to fling really hard we were suitably surprised.

Then I got insta-gibbed 5 times in a row by a dick who doesn't know how to have fun and we decided that some sort of cap needed to be instituted - I think we've actually already had this discussion, or at least, I pretended we did and the decision was that it was a good idea.

I think a sever max (and min if possible) variable would be the best option for this problem, that way every server can have the phys cap where they want it.

Your signature is not in compliance with the forum rules either... :eek:

:D

Colonel Mustard
8th September 2010, 22:09
I still think it should be a server side option to limit the damage or not.

more agreeing for me :D

Your signature is not in compliance with the forum rules either... :eek:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:RhmUhv-xo02PYM:http://lahuelroman.googlepages.com/stfu_arnold.jpg/stfu_arnold-full.jpg&t=1

Paegus
9th September 2010, 08:44
afaik, Ging has a mild issue with game-play effecting server variables as one of his pet peeves is that gameplay should be consistent from one server to the next. And the poor server title is already getting pretty CSish thanks to the abundance of tweaks and so on: Ranked/Stats, Maxping=###, FastDLs, PB=Limited, PS=ON/Off/Shove/Rage, Weighted/Random/'Normal', FF=On/Off, to list a few... So we'd have PhysCap=50 to add to that.

or at least, I pretended we did and the decision was that it was a good idea.

nah, i recall that discussion from a beta test

[TSAT]Flow
9th September 2010, 12:10
Your signature is not in compliance with the forum rules either.

Happy? :p

Colonel Mustard
9th September 2010, 23:22
Flow;150352']Happy? :p

But now I can't access Digit's hax! :eek:
goddamn you sniper :cool:

Ging
11th September 2010, 17:35
afaik, Ging has a mild issue with game-play effecting server variables as one of his pet peeves is that gameplay should be consistent from one server to the next.

This, pretty much - a new player who doesn't know that all this stuff can be different across servers might get a completely different experience in the handful of servers they first try.

Wuped
11th September 2010, 22:01
I don't mind damage being capped as long as you can still gib people if the killing blow would of done 500 damage. Seeing people explode is fun.

Plude220
12th September 2010, 22:34
This, pretty much - a new player who doesn't know that all this stuff can be different across servers might get a completely different experience in the handful of servers they first try.

This is true but allmost every online pc game out thier expecialy HL2 Mod games that have dedicated servers allmost all servers differ from others CSS, TF2, and even other smaller mods like zombie panic source and goldeneye source but if your server has the settings in the server title like most servers do these days new players should just read the server title before jumping in not knowing whats going on.

Paegus
14th September 2010, 08:09
...new players should just read the server title before jumping in not knowing whats going on.

and that right there would be the problem.

people should do a lot of things but when does that ever actually happen?

-SM-SUCKER
14th September 2010, 15:50
and that right there would be the problem.

people should do a lot of things but when does that ever actually happen?
It happens AFTER they got punished :D

Colonel Mustard
18th September 2010, 06:57
I've changed my mind. I would like to see physing capped. I agree with ging. Some people just take it too far and ruin the game for everyone else playing with them *cough* Hopefully Beta 5 will come out within the next year or 2 to end this madness. :cool:

Daedalus
25th September 2010, 17:48
Hopefully Beta 5 will come out within the next year or 2 to end this madness.

Wishful thinking there

Colonel Mustard
25th September 2010, 21:52
Wishful thinking there

I know. A more realistic approach would be maybe 3 - never years.
Oh well the world is gonna end in 2012 anyway so why does it matter anymore :rolleyes: