PDA

View Full Version : www.cssmixes.co.uk

flame
22nd May 2010, 12:22
Hi there

This isn't an advertisement so please hear me out

CSSMixes.co.uk does what it says on the box - it has numerous servers all with a specially coded plugin which records stats and starts configs etc. Recently we wanted to give other games a shot and started with a HL2 mod as the game plugin is similar to CSS. After some time the plugin was finished and it's now live on the site.

The idea of a mix is playing somewhat competitively with players whom you don't know very well. There are 3 Hidden: Source servers at the moment and most empty due to the unwillingness of css players to try something new.

Please take the time to register and play - all stats are recorded which makes it a bit more competitive. If you have any questions post here or on our forums.

Hope to see you there beacuse at the moment it's just me waiting in the lobby alone :(

Dottarn
22nd May 2010, 17:53
i play hidden alot. i can try your server later tonight perhaps. but what plugins do you have on the server? if its anything like the YAAAAR server i will probably play on your server alot! that server is perfect!

[TSAT]Flow
22nd May 2010, 18:14
If it wasn't for the "you have to register" part, I'd probably give it a shot.

garthfield
22nd May 2010, 19:34
The register process is very quick. Username, password and steamID. The only plugin is the scrim plugin which creates a time based game. You play for 20, 25 or 30 mins depending how what the user chose who created the mix on the mix form. Full stats are recorded and there are weekly awards for the best IRIS and the best Hidden.

Naturally once you're registered you can play a CS:S mix too. I'm currently working on the DOD: Source plugin.

Colonel Mustard
25th May 2010, 21:50
and are the servers based in london?

flame
26th May 2010, 13:11
and are the servers based in london?

Yes

Sadly it's not really taking off so it's probably going to peter out but there will hopefully always be at least one server

Colonel Mustard
26th May 2010, 18:02
hmmm well i would play but im not sure how good my ping would be and how much lag there would be :confused:

Conroy
27th May 2010, 03:59
hmm.... I just dont think this concept is going to work that well for this mod.

imo people just want to join the server and have a good time... itīs not that much about competition.

And with the already small playerbase you will have a hard time to get people to register on a site and wait for a lobby to fill

flame
27th May 2010, 16:09
Sadly that's true but there's going to be one server for Hidden always

Other games are being added now like TF2 and DOD:S

jake1002
4th June 2010, 09:41
Hay, i've been on cssmixes a lot for CSS, didn't realise you had hidden servers, still, i think if i set up one it won't ever start ><

flame
12th June 2010, 14:19
It's dead

DOD:S was tried as well to no avail :/