PDA

View Full Version : This Game...

CrazzyAzn
13th April 2010, 06:45
Honestly, this game is by far one of the top 10 games on my list. I love the concept and idea of this game, but sadly its been a year and still there has been no signs of updates or anything. I know how busy the developers are, but I hope they get this game gets some sort of update soon to indicate that this mod is still on track. I'm not saying this mod is dead, the game is good the way it is, but there are still some bugs that needs fixing and some polishing, like the weapons menu, animations, ect.

It would be awesome if developers release Beta 5 in the next coming months. I don't know, but I love this mod and if we got an update we could get more players and an epic kickass game. I just thought if anyone was thinking the same thing?

salith
13th April 2010, 13:37
Like Valve's non-L4D release schedule, it'll be done when it's done :)

Ging
13th April 2010, 15:44
I'm totally aware that it appears that we're dead - which bugs the absolute shit out of me. So I'm planning on doing more to ensure that I'm more active on the development front, I spent a fair bit of the weekend just gone looking over the code base and figuring out what I need to fix to get us back up to a rough B4 baseline with the OB engine.

Once there, I'll release the update so the engine stuff is in place, then I can work from there - the B5 code never felt entirely stable, we had a load of weird crashes that were an arse to track down (like the crash when multiple people viewed through the same corpse) and the missing weapons if you spawned while looking through your own corpses camera. (note however, that the corpse cams were / are fucking awesome).

Zabiela
13th April 2010, 19:29
Good to hear Ging

Once there, I'll release the update so the engine stuff is in place

We've also had a bunch of new/refurb'd maps just sitting around waiting to be put in.

Ging
13th April 2010, 20:31
Yeah, all that stuff will come through too. Even the new shiny shotgun (though without the ironsights for now)

Darkhand
13th April 2010, 21:34
This thread is, like, a bubbling artesian spring of pure update goodness. :D

Little things like this in a sticky thread or the front page, updated every couple months (even if it's something like 'glanced over the code today, scratched my butt' would shut up every update whiner there is. :cool:

Specht
14th April 2010, 03:32
This thread is, like, a bubbling artesian spring of pure update goodness. :D

Little things like this in a sticky thread or the front page, updated every couple months (even if it's something like 'glanced over the code today, scratched my butt' would shut up every update whiner there is. :cool:

But then Ging would waste more time writing this stuff than working on the code, he's our slave, he must work on the code as much as possible!!!

-SM-SUCKER
20th April 2010, 09:25
(note however, that the corpse cams were / are fucking awesome).
Hell jeah, I still remember some corpse beeing dragged with his face pointing upwards through the new sewers. Absolutely awesome!
And corpses pinned upside down are also a nice point of view :)
Those are some great news Ging, keep on it!

BiPP
20th April 2010, 21:49
Wow, reading the first post I just espected to see peolple saying "just wait, it will be here soon".

Damn it was good to read you, Ging. This is a win.

Colonel Mustard
23rd May 2010, 09:42
i am slightly confused as to what the code is and why it is so important :confused:

Ice1
23rd May 2010, 10:48
The code is a special password and it lets you create and play as a custom hidden character with whatever abilities you asign to him.

Noir
23rd May 2010, 13:53
I'm totally aware that it appears that we're dead - which bugs the absolute shit out of me. So I'm planning on doing more to ensure that I'm more active on the development front, I spent a fair bit of the weekend just gone looking over the code base and figuring out what I need to fix to get us back up to a rough B4 baseline with the OB engine.

Once there, I'll release the update so the engine stuff is in place, then I can work from there - the B5 code never felt entirely stable, we had a load of weird crashes that were an arse to track down (like the crash when multiple people viewed through the same corpse) and the missing weapons if you spawned while looking through your own corpses camera. (note however, that the corpse cams were / are fucking awesome).

Shenanigans

Colonel Mustard
24th May 2010, 06:28
so would ging be able to import stuff from another game say... portal and then with the code be able to make the hidden shoot portals and virtually be everywhere at once?! :eek:

[TSAT]Flow
24th May 2010, 12:05
so would ging be able to import stuff from another game say... portal and then with the code be able to make the hidden shoot portals and virtually be everywhere at once?! :eek:

I doubt it, the physics engine got butchered pretty bad to make portals possible, that's why they don't work right in Gmod.

But yeah, that's basically what a mod is, you take something and change it to your liking. ;)

Colonel Mustard
25th May 2010, 05:17
i honestly would not stop playing this game like EVER if they could make portals in hidden and i dont think anyone would :cool:

Master of Puppets
25th May 2010, 10:03
I would for sure.

salith
25th May 2010, 23:41
Portals in Hidden would just be stupid... seriously.
In a physics puzzle game, it works beautifully, but that logic does not extend to a tense semi-horror genre.
It's like those people who think that trance/techno music can apply in every situation.

Colonel Mustard
26th May 2010, 01:48
i suppose you are right. but there are plenty of things from other games that would work beautifully in hidden :D

Genre
26th May 2010, 05:17
Portals in hidden? People complain enough about how quick I can be as the hidden, portals are just unnecessary!

salith
26th May 2010, 11:09
You do realise that the reason people like this game is that it already pretty much has everything they would want in this sort of game. It just needs a little refinement, ideally an engine update that doesn't make Ging want to throttle Gabe Newell ( :p ), and some more maps (yes, I know I should give mapping a go sometime for this game :) ).

Colonel Mustard
26th May 2010, 18:56
i personally would like to try it though. i think it would be kickass if the hidden could shoot two portals and then phys some one through a portal :p