PDA

View Full Version : Active?

-SM-SUCKER
24th March 2010, 02:39
I haven't been very active myself, but this evening I played several rounds. And it was fun. But I was wondering how many players are still actively playing the mod.
No this not one of those "The mod is dead" threads, as I was able to choose from 3 populated servers in my favs in the middle of the week in the middle of the night.

Darkhand
24th March 2010, 05:00
I've been busy the last few weeks, but I still consider myself active overall! (the admins on the super server would say otherwise though!) :)

Sniper
24th March 2010, 05:06
Who is darkhand? He plays hidden? :confused:

:p

I play ~3 hours a week.

Plude220
24th March 2010, 06:07
Ive been busy with work and the server but still have time to play a few hours every week.

Genre
24th March 2010, 08:24
I'm just starting to play again after a long time away.

Paegus
24th March 2010, 09:14
i haven't played since my old video card roasted... though i've got a new one now and could play if i could find the time.

Master of Puppets
24th March 2010, 09:25
Not playing atm. But ill jump back as i always do after some time and then go inactive again.

biohazard-uk
24th March 2010, 14:50
Started playing a bit again, after a long break

Word.
23rd April 2010, 05:38
I have started to play again somewhat. Still love the game!

Pan the Goat God
24th April 2010, 17:58
This just in:

I'm fucking terrible at this game.

[TSAT]Flow
24th April 2010, 18:39
This just in:

I guess it's not that easy to use a mouse and a keyboard with hooves... :p

FFAF
29th April 2010, 18:17
I had a damn long break! But now since i got my new rig and most of my real live problems are solved, i will definitely play again. i wonŽt play as much as i used to, but youŽll see me on Yarrr in the near future more often.

Ritalin
30th April 2010, 21:13
I still consider myself an active player, but as of right now Bad Company 2 has my attention.

Zabiela
3rd May 2010, 05:00
I still consider myself an active player, but as of right now Bad Co<40mm Grenade> You

What?

Unfortunate we can't pyro-blast those things.

lcpuche
10th May 2010, 02:03
This just in:

I am afraid that if i boot hidden up same thing will happen... :(

Orfn
10th May 2010, 07:43
I just started playing 6 days ago. It's hard as shit to learn how to play on your own, but I'm figuring it out somewhat by watching the good players and talking to some of the friendlier ones. I just found out about this forum out of curiosity and was surprised to see a recent post.

-SM-SUCKER
11th May 2010, 07:11
Once I got a real internet connection again I'll sure be playing some Hidden again.

TheOtherDante
11th May 2010, 17:13
Ill play.... when i get a new PC.

Demented
11th May 2010, 21:19
Counterstrike: Source got updated to Orange Box before Hidden: Source. (Unless I've missed something big.)
I'm imagining a terrible storm of forum rage, but am afraid to look (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37).

[TSAT]Flow
11th May 2010, 22:50
Comparing a mod to an official Valve game

What?

Specht
12th May 2010, 17:05
Counterstrike: Source got updated to Orange Box before Hidden: Source. (Unless I've missed something big.)
I'm imagining a terrible storm of forum rage, but am afraid to look (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37).

To quote Cannibal Corpse on this one...

"Make them suffer!"

EDIT: Since I bought a new monitor (my old one stopped working because of a certain... incident with my fist), I've been going through tutorials here on this very forum trying to learn how to set up a dedicated server from my own computer, when I succeed, I'll become active again. :D

Paegus
12th May 2010, 19:09
so apparently people who kill you a lot and people who kill a lot of others get giant OVER HERE signs above their heads.

so much for hiding behind a crate...

Ging
12th May 2010, 23:48

But, they work on their stuff every day, because they get paid to do so.

Demented
13th May 2010, 08:38
I know; life is unfair that way. Still, CounterStrike:Source gets to take home the... Apple userbase.

Ew.

Zabiela
16th May 2010, 04:52
Apple's line of keyboards and mice is so not fps-friendly.

But extra cannon fodder is always ok.

[TSAT]Flow
16th May 2010, 11:41
Apple's line of keyboards and mice is so not fps-friendly.

But extra cannon fodder is always ok.

But... But... They are multitouch, man! MULTITOUCH! ;)

Colonel Mustard
17th May 2010, 06:57
i my self feel that i am quite active. i even think that i am addicted to this damned game. oi! i need a life:eek:

Zabiela
18th May 2010, 22:34
Flow;149406']But... But... They are multitouch, man! MULTITOUCH! ;)

Two finger swipe physkill?

Colonel Mustard
25th May 2010, 05:39
Two finger swipe physkill?

t'would be epic

-SM-SUCKER
25th May 2010, 10:09
Well I'm connected again, and played yesterday a bit. But the first server I connected to had a pretty fishy guy on, "Yasou (plays with 3D-Glasses)" where I felt the urge to google his Steam ID. That's what I found (http://www.yarrr-gaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A1%3A16224370&Submit=).

But on the next server was fun again, Yarr seems to have an up to date banlist. Allthough I don't have full admin rights like it seems. I could ban a Teamkiller only for a week, not perm.

Nevertheless, it was fun.

[TSAT]Flow
25th May 2010, 12:00
Well I'm connected again, and played yesterday a bit. But the first server I connected to had a pretty fishy guy on, "Yasou (plays with 3D-Glasses)" where I felt the urge to google his Steam ID. That's what I found (http://www.yarrr-gaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A1%3A16224370&Submit=).

But on the next server was fun again, Yarr seems to have an up to date banlist. Allthough I don't have full admin rights like it seems. I could ban a Teamkiller only for a week, not perm.

I'm still trying to keep quality control up, even tho I'm not playing that frequently anymore. ;)

Just do what I did and ban them for a couple of decades... ;)

Colonel Mustard
25th May 2010, 22:41

yeah i've played with him. he's very fishy. and at one point he even made his name into "Yasou (doesn't like being hidden)" and would forfeit his hidden selection and yet kill the hidde every single round.

Orfn
2nd June 2010, 07:58
Wow, and I thought the guy was legit because he wasn't hitting me with 100% accuracy. Well fuck him then.

Conroy
2nd June 2010, 21:55
yeah he was spotting the hidden easily from the first time I played with him... when i asked, since when he is playing this game (because i never saw him before), he answered "5 days" and that he "doesnt like to be hidden and prefers to play as Iris" (sure :rolleyes:)

Colonel Mustard
3rd June 2010, 05:38
yeah he is a bunch of bs. it was obvious he was cheating the first couple of rounds i played with him. and when he was actually hidden, he was god awful at it

[TSAT]Flow
3rd June 2010, 11:50
I think it's clear to everyone here that he isn't playing fair by now... ;)

Colonel Mustard
16th June 2010, 23:32
hmmm... ive noticed something peculiar about the new waves of hidden players that pop up out of nowhere recently. they all have very good eyes and quick trigger fingers, yet once they become hidden, the skill level plummits, reducing them to pigsticking, triple nading/triple slashing noobs once more. ive just been specing some of the servers and this is increasingly more common. and i have asked a few of them and they tell me that they ask veteran hidden players how to best optimize their hidden seeing abiltiy in the graphics and whatnot. :cool:

Orfn
17th June 2010, 07:59
triple nading/triple slashing noobs

Don't harp on my play style =(

The first thing I was told when I said I couldn't spot the hidden was that I should turn the gamma settings up all the way and increase the brightness on my screen. It works pretty well, even without my contacts in. The good trigger finger is worth looking into, check their Steam accounts and see what kind of games they normally play.

Colonel Mustard
17th June 2010, 23:07
well sadly that play style is pretty much the cheapest one in this game. one of them named Healthy Proportions even told me today that "triple slashing takes more skill than physing does". As ridiculous as that sounds, this guy was totally serious. Now there are LOTS of these over-confident noobs that glorify them selves because they can get a 20-1 score on pigsticking, triple nading, and triple slashing. and quite frankly this is ruining the game for me. so i might go inactive(anti-thesis of this thread)

-SM-SUCKER
17th June 2010, 23:31
Actually physing can get you kills without even endangering yourself. You can fling stuff around corners, out from safe distances.
So if you are really good at killing with physics, it might be more difficult to kill with three slashes.

Colonel Mustard
17th June 2010, 23:46
So if you are really good at killing with physics

this is my point ^^^^ you cant just immediately go out and start insta phys killing when you first download the game, but you CAN just spaz click the left mouse button while standing next to the iris, while maybe moving around a little so he doesnt hit you.

If they are going to take insta phys killing away in B5, then they have to slow down the recharge of the knife because it is just too fast

Genre
18th June 2010, 07:41
well sadly that play style is pretty much the cheapest one in this game. one of them named Healthy Proportions even told me today that "triple slashing takes more skill than physing does". As ridiculous as that sounds, this guy was totally serious. Now there are LOTS of these over-confident noobs that glorify them selves because they can get a 20-1 score on pigsticking, triple nading, and triple slashing. and quite frankly this is ruining the game for me. so i might go inactive(anti-thesis of this thread)
Don't worry, I'm becoming more active to put them back into their place.

Colonel Mustard
19th June 2010, 00:24
well its gonna take a lot more than one good player to do that, its gonna take LOTS of them, best if it was all the old players if they came back. cause all they seem to do now is work on the mod or make maps, not actually play. And im still debating on whether or not to go inactive :confused:

Genre
19th June 2010, 04:11
Stay active, learn to deal with the noobs. With the triple slashing, it'll help improve your tracking and reaction times. You're forced to know where the hidden is and be able to spot him quicker so that you don't get triple slashed. Learn to see through the nade-fuzz like the vets did. There's always room for improvement

Colonel Mustard
19th June 2010, 04:33
Stay active, learn to deal with the noobs. With the triple slashing, it'll help improve your tracking and reaction times. You're forced to know where the hidden is and be able to spot him quicker so that you don't get triple slashed. Learn to see through the nade-fuzz like the vets did. There's always room for improvement

yes i suppose you are right about the triple slashing, but i can already see through the nade fuzz its just they are throwing 3 nades so that doesnt give you a chance if youre already in pieces >.> meh idk ill probly stay active since i love this game too much, but then again my last break was from august 2009 to February 2010 :0 maybe ill repeat this year

Arnoldio
19th June 2010, 17:49
I play from time to time, when i feel like it. :D

lcpuche
19th June 2010, 23:10
hmmm... ive noticed something peculiar about the new waves of hidden players that pop up out of nowhere recently. they all have very good eyes and quick trigger fingers, yet once they become hidden, the skill level plummits, reducing them to pigsticking, triple nading/triple slashing noobs once more. ive just been specing some of the servers and this is increasingly more common. and i have asked a few of them and they tell me that they ask veteran hidden players how to best optimize their hidden seeing abiltiy in the graphics and whatnot. :cool:

you are not the only one who has noticed.

Colonel Mustard
19th June 2010, 23:48
i hope im not. its running rampant in american servers im not sure about europe but here its as common as day

Orfn
20th June 2010, 22:44
Ah, by triple slashing you meant getting all three hits in at once. I don't do that because it's not fun, even if it means I rarely win a round as hidden. I only use my pigstick on players who've pigsticked me so they can sit around watching everyone else play the round out normally. Normally I just slash and jump away/straight up and try to build some tension. I'd learn to phys but I don't really have the proper setup for it (wireless mouse, laptop on weird surfaces).

Skyrider
22nd June 2010, 01:31
I'm hit or miss really. I'll get into other stuff, then get the itch for a shooter and inevitably come back to Hidden.

I find it more fun than most commercial shooters in the long run and keep trying to get new people to try it. Shame how much the community has shrunk, but I'm as much to blame as the next guy.

Played a few rounds with Mustard last night. Damn I'm rusty as hell, but it was just as much a blast as ever.

Colonel Mustard
8th July 2010, 04:07
yeah thats it. this game has got to me. i cant take this game anymore. other than f**king around, i wont be playing hardly at all anymore.

Flashy
12th July 2010, 12:48
Still play this mod from time to time.. Clearly still one of the most fun mod around. :)

Although sometimes new players who can't hit the hidden in frustration shoot other players... That is the only downside, so many TK'ers.

Orfn
12th July 2010, 22:29
Obvious solution is to join a server with FF disabled, which is the norm as far as I know. My biggest problem right now is joining full servers and going an entire hour without killing or being killed.

-SM-SUCKER
13th July 2010, 08:22
No friendly fire is the second best solution against teamkillers. Either mirror damage or some anti tk plugin is far better. Those that reflect the damage, and in the first x seconds into a round any teamwounding wont harm you at all.
Taking away the ff is like striping the knife from the Hidden.

poliq
4th August 2010, 17:37
Hi guys!
I've been away from hidden for over a year now..
So thats a 'inactive' from me :)

Might come back one day though, if I get myself a better computer!

PS: I think that the "noobs who see hidden so well" does so because of aiming and skills and what-not achieved in other third person shooters, in combination with better hardware and better graphics than some of the older players here started with. :)

e: some may know me as Haywood Jablowme :D

Colonel Mustard
4th August 2010, 19:33
Hi guys!
I've been away from hidden for over a year now..
So thats a 'inactive' from me :)

Might come back one day though, if I get myself a better computer!

PS: I think that the "noobs who see hidden so well" does so because of aiming and skills and what-not achieved in other third person shooters, in combination with better hardware and better graphics than some of the older players here started with. :)

you mean FIRST person shooters i hope? :p

poliq
4th August 2010, 20:22
you mean FIRST person shooters i hope? :p
ofc i do :D

Zabiela
5th August 2010, 00:15

Oh hi, nice to meet you, i'm Pat McCrotch.

Dr.SharK
7th August 2010, 14:15
I just played a couple of hours yesterday for the first time in a couple of years. Still as good as I remember.

sin0fchaos
14th August 2010, 07:15
If you hate it so much, why dont u ban it from ur servers

[TSAT]Flow
14th August 2010, 07:28
If you hate it so much, why dont u ban it from ur servers

If you hate mustard so much, why do you keep commenting on his posts?

On a more related note, just because the more experienced players don't approve of the way you play as hidden doesn't mean you have to stop playing that way instantly.
The fact that the people complaining probably know more about this mod than you do should make you try to improve and maybe come up with other ways of playing as hidden instead of raving on about them being assholes on the forum.

At least that's how I(and I assume everyone else who stuck around in the long run) handled it.

So, stop whining, accept the challenge and become awesome, or leave and miss out on what is probably the best hl2 mod out there just because someone called you a noob.

sin0fchaos
14th August 2010, 08:10
Flow;150006']If you hate mustard so much, why do you keep commenting on his posts?

On a more related note, just because the more experienced players don't approve of the way you play as hidden doesn't mean you have to stop playing that way instantly.
The fact that the people complaining probably know more about this mod than you do should make you try to improve and maybe come up with other ways of playing as hidden instead of raving on about them being assholes on the forum.

At least that's how I(and I assume everyone else who stuck around in the long run) handled it.

So, stop whining, accept the challenge and become awesome, or leave and miss out on what is probably the best hl2 mod out there just because someone called you a noob.

Lol this is the worst hl2 mod out there, hence why I uninstalled it and got empires instead. It has a much friendlier community...

Zabiela
15th August 2010, 00:16
I uninstalled it and got empires instead.

Dont let the door hit you in the vagina on your way out.

sin0fchaos
15th August 2010, 18:09
Dont let the door hit you in the vagina on your way out.
Dont let your british fuck dry hump you in the morning

Anyways, Im done trolling... Please delete the following:My first thread and all the other posts I have made.

salith
15th August 2010, 19:15
Nah, we like having posts like this to laugh our asses off about :)

sin0fchaos
15th August 2010, 20:05
Nah, we like having posts like this to laugh our asses off about :)
Well then in that case ima keep trolling :p

[TSAT]Flow
15th August 2010, 20:22
Well then in that case ima keep trolling :p

If you were actually trolling, you wouldn't want to have this masterpiece deleted.

Colonel Mustard
15th August 2010, 20:32
Well you know what i think actually happened? He was bitching for real about nothing then saw that his plan to try and attack hidden completely backfired on him, garnering him loads of negative posts against him. After that he tried fighting a war against the whole forums and also realized that he could not win. Therefore, he made the ruse that he was trolling us the whole time.(which maybe in the end he might have, but most of it was genuine bitching)

[TSAT]Flow
15th August 2010, 20:43
Stating the obvious

http://typo.graphr.net/images/owl-orly.jpg

Orfn
15th August 2010, 20:59
I like how that's the defense mechanism kids use these days.

Nub: *says something really stupid*
Sensible person: Are you fucking retarded?
Nub: OMG I TROLL U STOOPIT OF CORSS I'M NOT DAT DUMM OMG LOL

sin0fchaos
15th August 2010, 23:00
Well you know what i think actually happened? He was actually right for the most part but unfortunately none of us actaully believed him then he saw how much we sucked dick then started to troll and waste all our useless time, time that we could spend playing hidden 24/7. Therefore, he made the ruse that he was trolling us the whole time.(which maybe in the end he might have, but most of it was genuine right)
I agree mustard, I was kicked without warning for pigsticking which isnt banned on some servers for whatever reason.

Colonel Mustard
15th August 2010, 23:23
I agree mustard, I was kicked without warning for pigsticking which isnt banned on some servers for whatever reason.

nice total misquote there bro. Maybe thats Zim's approach but noone elses :cool:

Colonel Mustard
16th August 2010, 07:31
Well, its shitheads like this kid and loads of others that come through american servers every goddamned day that are ruining the game, not only for me but for lots of people. I am going to make myself promise to give up this game for a while once all of the new games in the fall come out. But atm, if i see any more of these asshats in 2frags, I'm banning because I'm sick of this.

^^^^ i let my rage out :D

Orfn
16th August 2010, 07:44
Seconded, it's becoming almost impossible to enjoy the game unless I get a bunch of older players to join up in one server and run out the newer players. A bunch of these shitheads come in and get stomped, so they leave and come back a little later with a reskin hack and then nobody is having any fucking fun because

a. They suck as Hidden and I can see them easily.
b. They're hacking and they can see me easily.

So what follows is several less-than-a-minute-long rounds of the Hidden dying before he can kill anyone in any way other than nade-spam.

And then there's the people who just have high-resolution monitors. The Hidden's opacity was fine 4 years ago. Now people with modern screens and vid cards can see easy as fuck and it takes crazy shit to kill them. The player-base in general is pretty fucking obnoxious aside from a handful of regulars. I don't know, I'm just fed up right now.

Zabiela
16th August 2010, 18:35
Guys... guys... can we not all just sit in a circle and sing kumbaya?

Sniper
16th August 2010, 21:21
Well, its shitheads like this kid and loads of others that come through american servers every goddamned day that are ruining the game, not only for me but for lots of people. I am going to make myself promise to give up this game for a while once all of the new games in the fall come out. But atm, if i see any more of these asshats in 2frags, I'm banning because I'm sick of this.

lol rage moar

;)

Colonel Mustard
16th August 2010, 21:46
lol rage moar

;)

:D i probly won't go that extreme hehe meh but you play like 5 minutes a week so what would you know? :p

Specht
16th August 2010, 22:29
:D i probly won't go that extreme hehe meh but you play like 5 minutes a week so what would you know? :p

:O Don't you dare insult sniper!

Colonel Mustard
16th August 2010, 23:18
:O Don't you dare insult sniper!

pftt he insults me all the time lol :p and im not really insulting him so much as telling the truth :)

Sniper
16th August 2010, 23:23
See the difference is, you deserve it, and I'm just too awesome to insult.

Colonel Mustard
17th August 2010, 00:42
thats why i love you sniper <3 :D

Invader_Zim
17th August 2010, 07:29
nice total misquote there bro. Maybe thats Zim's approach but noone elses :cool:

As far as I can remember you were the one approaching me to "finally ban this fucker on yarrr".:rolleyes:
And further I remember that I denied you that wish cause I simply don't care about
that guy and he didn't break the server rules :rolleyes:

Edit: btw... I like how he asks for his posts and thread to be deleted so noone can see what a huge faggot he is :O

Colonel Mustard
17th August 2010, 08:05
meh. This ain't going nowhere tho :eek: its staying here for all to see what not to do on the forums D:

Invader_Zim
17th August 2010, 08:16
I rly think we should put up a thread for fags like him, vlees and chuck though

And move all their posts there...

For the next generation and the lulz :p

Colonel Mustard
17th August 2010, 08:20
not even a thread, a whole section titled: fags: a true story, or something :eek:

Invader_Zim
17th August 2010, 08:27
Back to the topic:

Still recovering from my long break... Very slowly :p

But I'd say I'm active again.