PDA

View Full Version : Old Hidden Vs New Hidden

nicraM
17th October 2009, 00:47
I remember when this came out a few years back. I thought, finally an unadulterated DM with a nice unique twist. I remember being one of only maybe like 7 or so players that were dominate on this game. Players like Sir nick and I would fuck shit up left and right. Then came the updates, just like CS and TFC before it the developers listen to the non die hards and change the game to appease the masses. Frankly, if the game was left in the original form (no stamina bar, no weighting, full access to PS anytime and no wall sticking - among other things) it might have been something special by now. I fully believe that the constant tweaking of the whole format is what made this game be put on the back burner for lots of players that were willing to accept the high learning curb. What happened was the devs catered to the casual lax players(CS KIDDIES) as to get a high player base initially. Frankly those players treat games like this like 2 penny whores. Players like me stick with games for years as long as they arent castrated. I still like this game, even though I logged on about a year ago and there were barely any servers up. I am just sad, cause frankly this game could have been so much more in the original simple DM format that was original Hidden Source. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I just wanted to get that out there. I still respect Ging and the team cause they have a great concept but honestly, what I do not understand is why they listen to the masses when the masses have the attention span of a gnat. idk.. im just pissed cause this game could have been the next big thing if they didn't ruin it with pointless items and balance changes( what was wrong with balance?) The fucking hidden has a knife facing 9 or so angry marines with full assault rifles. If anything it was unbalanced for the hidden. I know ppl got good with the hidden faster than they got better with iris but there were ppl that were good at both. It just goes to show you, either you are good at something or you bitch at the creator to make it easier to play. Which bores the die hard fans to death and its only a matter of time before the mediocre fans find some other thing to play. that is all.

[TSAT]Flow
17th October 2009, 00:52
...It just goes to show you, either you are good at something or you bitch at the creator to make it easier to play...

That pretty much sums up your entire post...

You simply can't handle the "new" features, so you bitch about how hidden has become a game where you actually need to think about how you attack someone instead of just pouncing like a maniac and slashing everything that moves until it doesn't anymore.

Conclusion: Whine moar, and get your head out of your ass.

nicraM
17th October 2009, 00:59
or maybe.. it was ppl like you that ruined this game for ppl like me? so in turn.. I have to say.. you are a faggot. does that make sense?

[TSAT]Flow
17th October 2009, 01:00
I can't stand people like you, so I'm fine what that, thank you! :D

nicraM
17th October 2009, 01:02
Oh and on an ending note.. The original form of the game was much harder to play. I play this vs of the game in my sleep. I just love the fact that when I clear a round and everyone dies I lose hidden cause of weighting. Its awesome. Never have I seen a game where I can do the best in the server and I do not get rewarded. Some one like you that shot at me once gets to take over hidden cause its not fair im raping everyone. "Other ppl have to have fun too." Of course you do... its called single player. if you cant compete don't bitch at the devs to make it easier for you.

nicraM
17th October 2009, 01:03
Flow;148024']I can't stand people like you, so I'm fine what that, thank you! :D

Im gonna reinstall this game once I get my good PC back up to par just to find you to show you what 617 is all about. Seriously... you cant stand ppl like me? How do you think I feel? You faggots have been ruining games for me for years. CS, TFC, now hidden.

[TSAT]Flow
17th October 2009, 01:05
Not that I'd give a damn about scores, or my E-Penis (like you obviously do, since your only goal at multiplayer games seems to be raping everyone else), but just take a close look at my signature, and you might notice that I'm not just a random noob.

Also, just because you managed to kill 8 fairly new players in a single round with simply slashing and nading a few times doesn't make you any more "awesome" than every second fragwhore out there.

Im gonna reinstall this game once I get my good PC back up to par just to find you to show you what 617 is all about. Seriously... you cant stand ppl like me? How do you think I feel? You faggots have been ruining games for me for years. CS, TFC, now hidden.

Yeah, go do that, I'm waiting... :D

nicraM
17th October 2009, 01:33
i realize you arent a noob. but frankly compared to me you probably are. in online gaming what else is there besides being the best you can be? its a competition. do you seriously use games online to make bff? wow, dude.. that is classic. all i am saying is, i think this game was amazing in its beta 1 format and the lames who barely play this game caused a shift in development. it happens all too often with great games. then the game dies and everyone wonders, wtf happened? lol...fucking hilarious.

Oh and I was always consistantly clearing servers. In the original beta 1 you had a max of 5 rounds before they would boot you back to iris. 80% of the time I would go the full 5 rounds without dying. Oh and you are saying ppl like SirNick and the like were noobs? SirNick would fuck you up on this game.

[TSAT]Flow
17th October 2009, 01:46
i realize you arent a noob. but frankly compared to me you probably are.

Let's see about that when you got your ass on a server :rolleyes:

in online gaming what else is there besides being the best you can be? its a competition. do you seriously use games online to make bff? wow, dude.. that is classic.

No, I play games to have fun, and I prefer it if everyone else playing with me has fun aswell, rather then making everyone quit (and in some cases never touch this mod again). Of course it still happens on occasions...

all i am saying is, i think this game was amazing in its beta 1 format and the lames who barely play this game caused a shift in development. it happens all too often with great games. then the game dies and everyone wonders, wtf happened? lol...fucking hilarious.

If you checked the "suggestions" forum even once, you would have noticed Ging didn't consider ANY of those nooblets' suggesting if he didn't like it, so it's completely his choice what happens with this mod, not some random noobs whining.

Oh and I was always consistantly clearing servers.

Congratulations, everyone who's played this mod for a month and didn't get what it's about manages that.

In the original beta 1 you had a max of 5 rounds before they would boot you back to iris.

How many rounds as hidden you get is determined by the servers admin now, so this isn't really an argument...

80% of the time I would go the full 5 rounds without dying.

See Quote #4

Oh and you are saying ppl like SirNick and the like were noobs? SirNick would fuck you up on this game.

I have never seen this SirNick, so I can't say if he's better than me, but I doubt it, since, as you said, there were a lot of changes since Beta 1, also he'd most likely lack the routine by now.

Ging
17th October 2009, 03:28
Erm, the original beta was all kinds of broken and shit - so, yeah, if we broke the game for you, than I'm actually kind of glad we did.

I don't really see why making the mod less aimed at the "japanese kid on a sugar rush" niche is a bad thing - which apparently changes my sexual orientation and enforces homosexuality upon me, ace (in which case - I'll live by the "it's not gay if you don't receive" maxim).

Zabiela
17th October 2009, 04:10
So he complains about widening the player base, then complains there aren't servers. He complains about hdn_roundlimit and weighting which are server-side options. Complains we cater to the kiddies when we do the exact opposite.

facepalm.jpg

Yeah, if you play games to win and "be da best mang", expect to be dissapointed frequently.

Good riddance, go find another mod to complain about, I like the hidden for many reasons, one being Ging notoriously rejects stupid ideas and tries to keep the mod as slim and simple as possible.

Or make your own server, enable pigstick (yeah, you can), disable weighting (yeah! you can!), disable stamina drain (would I lie at this point?), set roundlimit to 20 (i know you like that), and fuck off!

edit: Shit like this http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?p=148033#post148033 pops up every week and gets no'ed.

Digit*
17th October 2009, 11:54
Where to begin tearing you apart...let's see...AH! here we go:

Seriously... you cant stand ppl like me? How do you think I feel? You faggots have been ruining games for me for years. CS, TFC, now hidden.

*Giggle* YOU can't stand people like US? Tell me little boy, how do you think all those people felt when they were up against you, and all you ever did was raping/laming/being a fucking prick in general to them? Hm? Did you never stop and wonder that you were clearing servers not because you were "TEH AWESHUMS!!!11!1" but because people didn't like being around you because YOU were a FAGGOT in THEIR eyes RUINING the game FOR THEM?! HA! Failure nr 1.

Oh and on an ending note.. The original form of the game was much harder to play. I just love the fact that when I clear a round and everyone dies I lose hidden cause of weighting. Its awesome. Never have I seen a game where I can do the best in the server and I do not get rewarded. Some one like you that shot at me once gets to take over hidden cause its not fair im raping everyone. "Other ppl have to have fun too." Of course you do... its called single player. if you cant compete don't bitch at the devs to make it easier for you.

The original "form" of the game was a broken shabby construction. There was nothing to restrict the hidden's pouncing making him virtually unstoppable, luckely the devs saw fit to fix that. Weighting is there to prevent gits like you to clear entire servers. You say you do not get rewarded for your efforts...are you saying you are the only living soul playing on a server then? What about the others playing with you? You are not alone you know. Do they not deserve a reward for what they do? Your perspective is that of a solitary and incredibly anti social twat who's self-centered attitude is preventing him from seeing the big picture. You are not alone in a MP game, others deserve a chance as much as you do. If you want to be rewarded for your solo-efforts................GO PLAY SINGLE PLAYER YOU MORON! many games have achievements nowadays so you can show off to your bruddahs and enlarge your e-peen.
Failure nr 2.

i realize you arent a noob. but frankly compared to me you probably are.

This is the most pure example of Internet-Tough-Guy syndrom. It glows with arrogance and stupidity. Sitting behind the safety of your computer screen you blurt out whatever pops into your mind, not once thinking if it is true or false. If you have never played with/against someone you cannot in any way guarantee you are better then him/her.
Failue nr 3.

in online gaming what else is there besides being the best you can be? its a competition. do you seriously use games online to make bff? wow, dude.. that is classic.

The thing is...Hidden:Source is NOT a competition driven game. There are no events in the world that sport this as they do with oh lets say Warcraft, CallofDuty, Gran Turismo and other Gaming League titels. We do not get PAYED, we do not get SPONSORED therefor it is absolutely rubbish to say you NEED to play this for the competition. There are friggin kids out there playing games who don't even know Competitional Gaming exists and all they ever wanna do is have a little bit of fun with friends in a game, and then faggots like you with your "MuSt EnlaRGE e-PeeN" attitude comes along and fucks the game up for them.
Failure nr 4.

Oh and I was always consistantly clearing servers. In the original beta 1 you had a max of 5 rounds before they would boot you back to iris. 80% of the time I would go the full 5 rounds without dying. Oh and you are saying ppl like SirNick and the like were noobs? SirNick would fuck you up on this game.

Well aren't you fucking special now. Every single person with half a bit of knowledge on this game can clear entire servers. But only the most capable players have the skill to play the game in such a way that makes EVERYONE enjoy it. These are the kinds of players i respect most, because they are able to set aside personal glory for the sake of mutual gain. If everyone is having fun, you are having fun too. If you are only doing this for the score then nobody is enjoying this. Not even you. Because the only thing on your mind is "Must be good. Must be skilled. Must perform excellent. Must be the best." And that is a disturbing kind of thought process that only stagnates your own progress.
Failure nr 5.

And last but not least.

Im gonna reinstall this game once I get my good PC back up to par just to find you to show you what 617 is all about.

*Inhale* DO IT FAGGOT! I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DOUBLE DARE YOU! *Exhale*

DOITFAGGOT.jpg

salith
17th October 2009, 11:57
He's just a troll who wants to whine because he has nothing else to do.
Me, I play for fun... since it's a GAME... freaky, huh :)
If I wanted to compete, I'd get my ass out of the chair and go hurl a javelin or sprint the 400m again.
Good thing I can't anymore... I might still be enjoying it :)

biohazard-uk
17th October 2009, 12:26
What happened was the devs catered to the casual lax players(CS KIDDIES) as to get a high player base initially.

CS kiddies...like people younger than 7? who go raging and spamming on forums because they can't have unlimited rounds of pig-sticking everyone?

I still respect Ging and the team cause they have a great concept

Obviously you don't... :rolleyes:

lcpuche
17th October 2009, 15:30
(no stamina bar, no weighting, full access to PS anytime and no wall sticking - among other things)

That just makes the hidden noob friendly

Invader_Zim
17th October 2009, 18:29
Pretty much everything was said in that thread...

So... how does having played this game a few years back make you a better player than everyone else?

You might have been "good" back then but that doesn't make you a pro now...

*Inhale* DO IT FAGGOT! I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DARE YOU I DOUBLE DARE YOU! *Exhale*

same here... :rolleyes:

Darkhand
17th October 2009, 19:10
Where to begin tearing you apart...let's see...AH! here we go:

*insert total pwnage here*

Holy wow. Thorough pwnage there my friend! :cool:

-SM-SUCKER
17th October 2009, 20:59
Oh and I was always consistantly clearing servers
Obviously you have not played this mod long enough. Because I think most of the guys who posted here managed this as well.
And even further, to a point where entering the server would make people leave. You know why? Because it was no fun playing against one of us.
And games are played to have FUN, unless of course you are a professional gamer. But since that's unlikely I'll just tell you this:
This game is inbalanced. Allthough the dev team tried it's best, it's extremely unbalanced.
That's why at some point you either find yourself on an empty server or you start playing this game in a more playfull manner which can be even more enjoyable than the "normal" kill-them-all-attitude.

But I challange you to join a server I'm on, I promise you, if you act on the server like here on the forum you wont be enjoying playing against me.
There are more frustrating ways to die than by three pipebombs.:D

Specht
18th October 2009, 08:09
I can't really express my opinion on this thread, I've been playing Hidden since B4, I have no idea of how it was before that. D:

Edit: What the hell happened to my stats? Or am I too drunk and seeing things? hehe.

Edit²: @Dark Prince - can you believe that even I managed to clear servers several times? I felt awful everytime, and tried to compensate by... I don't know, just letting them kill me and stuff, it's the same feeling I had when inviting cousins and friends to play N64 when I was younger, I never played with my full skills against them to let them have a bit of fun, I don't know why I feel bad for owning people in games, oh yeah, I know why, because if I own everybody, then I won't have anyone else to own. D:

Master of Puppets
18th October 2009, 12:56
Holy wow. Thorough pwnage there my friend! :cool:

Totally agree :D And Digit scoooooooooooooores :)

FFAF
18th October 2009, 14:24
Flow;148027']but just take a close look at my signature, and you might notice that I'm not just a random noob.

lol, the statspage says that you ARE a random noob . :D

No seriously, i would love to see a round between you and flow and his random shots hitting you like 10 times before you can even remember which was your pounce key:)

[TSAT]Flow
18th October 2009, 15:02
Random noobs don't have almost 9000 deaths and 250 teamkills, do they? :D

biohazard-uk
18th October 2009, 15:06
lol, the statspage says that you ARE a random noob . :

No seriously, i would love to see a round between you and flow and his random shots hitting you like 10 times before you can even remember which was your pounce key:)

That player has more teamkills than kills...BAN HIM!!!1 :O

[TSAT]Flow
18th October 2009, 15:08
That player has more teamkills than kills...BAN HIM!!!1 :O

Speak for yourself... :rolleyes:

The.ViruS
18th October 2009, 23:21
Im with nicraM on some points however you went about expressing them wrongly.
I absolutly loved the first version put out there. I loved the first few Betas. Some of my best gaming days were ditching college to play Hidden. No PS animations and only one map. I have never had so much fun.
The more advanced it has become the less fun I have had and the less tiem I have had to play. Thats the way things go though. If their no fun anymore nicraM move on.

[TSAT]Flow
19th October 2009, 09:12
So basically the more complicated and strategic this mod gets, the less fragwhores and lamers we get?

Does this sound like a good thing only to me?

The.ViruS
19th October 2009, 13:33
If you never played the first few Beta's you probably won't understand it. The sense of fear it built up was amazing. I haven't felt it since.

[TSAT]Flow
19th October 2009, 14:35
That's probably due to this fear wearing off after some time when you get better as IRIS, but you're right, I can't really tell since I haven't played the earlier beta versions...

Master of Puppets
19th October 2009, 15:04
I remember playing one of the early versions. And i remember playing it few times then leaving with a feeling that this mod sucks hard. And i totaly dont remember any sense of fear back then.

And here i am loving the mod from beta3 up. And this time i remember the sense of fear i had in the beginning.

Paegus
19th October 2009, 18:56
what they said. the adrenaline charged sense of panic etc wears off the more you become accustomed to it. when you start auto-piloting as iris there's no reason to dread attacks.

the only way i've been able to get any sense of urgency etc is by removing the timer for all but the last 20 seconds of the round. then it's "oh shit... 5 more to kill off". but even that wore off when i stopped caring.

Genre
19th October 2009, 21:44
what they said. the adrenaline charged sense of panic etc wears off the more you become accustomed to it. when you start auto-piloting as iris there's no reason to dread attacks.

the only way i've been able to get any sense of urgency etc is by removing the timer for all but the last 20 seconds of the round. then it's "oh shit... 5 more to kill off". but even that wore off when i stopped caring.
Could you show me/tell me how to do the timer thing? I'm not sure what files to modify or how to modify them

Darkhand
20th October 2009, 07:09
It's simply 'good old days' syndrome. Nothing will compare to the first time you played the game (any game), no matter how much better or worse it gets. Simple as that.

Invader_Zim
20th October 2009, 08:28

So true...

The feeling when you, for the first time, erase a whole IRIS team with 10 hp left and with ur heart pounding like crazy :)

BiPP
20th October 2009, 17:57
So true...

The feeling when you, for the first time, erase a whole IRIS team with 10 hp left and with ur heart pounding like crazy :)
Jeez, I miss those moments :(
A the beginning my hands were shaking like crazy.
Now I push-up the music (http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Hard_House_Anthems_6_Mixed_By_Cally_and_Juice/5440507) while killing, drinking my beer.

Zabiela
21st October 2009, 01:06
Really, the hidden (was) the only game that could raise my heartrate in such a way.

Serious adrenaline spikes.

Invader_Zim
21st October 2009, 06:21
Well, there was one thing that got me pumped up with adrenalin^^

The Hidden Source Tournament that was... :)

-SM-SUCKER
21st October 2009, 07:53
Serious adrenaline spikes.
The only game that ever did this to me was Hidden:Source

To bad this effect wears off sometime, now I can only imagine that the poor fellows hanging from the ceiling had such an adrenalin rush before they died ;)

Specht
21st October 2009, 17:04
Online racing championships also raise my adrenaline, hell you're in between 32 cars online, you gotta be really careful to not crash and stuff.

OmriMan
22nd October 2009, 14:55
Speaking of which, can anyone find the B1/2 trailer for me?? TY.