PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Contest

siervua
4th June 2009, 14:45
Ok. Let's start this off.

I want to host a quarterly mapping contest. We would have theme contests and what not. Question is, what should the parameters be?

I was thinking:

1 month to make and submit a new map.
Only 1 entry per person
Must pertain to the theme of the month. First month would be free for all.
Any parameters to size of map?

Judging would be done with a day for players to log in and play the maps to vote on their favorite? (or suggest something) Perhaps a pre-selected team of players?

The prize would be a game on Steam.

C'mon tell me what you think?

Darkhand
4th June 2009, 17:27
I'm sure I couldn't perfect a map in only a month especially working full time, but the whole idea is a fantastic way to practice mapping (whip up a new map every month, similar to those 'build a car in x timeframe' reality shows). I might even give it a shot. :D

siervua
4th June 2009, 18:46
I was thinking of doing it quarterly to prevent an influx of maps. Can there be too many maps? I don't wanna overwhelm any mappers either =(

siervua
4th June 2009, 23:48
So would anyone but Darkhand be interested? Wouldn't be much of a contest if only one person entered :P

lcpuche
5th June 2009, 13:01
So would anyone but Darkhand be interested? Wouldn't be much of a contest if only one person entered :P

I could, probably.

Zabiela
6th June 2009, 00:04
I could try, i'd most likely lose interest half way in.

Question: prize... provided by who?

Dark Soul
8th June 2009, 05:56
I'd join in on this, need an excuse to start mapping for hidden again anyway.

siervua
8th June 2009, 19:57
I would supply the prize. We'll give it a try and see how it goes. Making a new thread for the contest itself =)