PDA

View Full Version : How do you start a dedicated server???

xXCOLEXx
21st March 2009, 13:14
Hi, this is my first time posting in the forums :)
well, i would like to start a dedicated server from my computer(no i will not share specs of it).
i have recently created a map, i think it looks pretty good, just need to add items in there for the hidden to throw at I.R.I.S members. i would like to have people try it out now though, see what they think of it. i could put it up for download i guess, but im worried if no one puts it up on their server.

Paegus
21st March 2009, 14:19
server guide is thatta way ^ in Server Operator forum.

Scuzzy
21st March 2009, 16:13
Hi, this is my first time posting in the forums :)
well, i would like to start a dedicated server from my computer(no i will not share specs of it).

Is that because the comptuer is super secret?

i have recently created a map, i think it looks pretty good, just need to add items in there for the hidden to throw at I.R.I.S members. i would like to have people try it out now though, see what they think of it. i could put it up for download i guess, but im worried if no one puts it up on their server.

If you don't want anyone to put it on their server, then by not allowing us to download it you have achived 100% success. If you want people to put it on their server, but fear rejection, then by not allowing us to download it you have achieved 100% failure.

You'll only learn courage by taking chances. Play it safe all your life and you'll live with "what if only I'd asked her out", "what if only I'd taken that job but I thought I wasn't good enough", "what if I'd let them download my map".

Scuzzy

Paegus
21st March 2009, 17:01
just make sure you append it with a suitable suffix... like hdn_mymap_a1, _b2, _rc3, etc so that the final release can just be hdn_mymap.

[TSAT]Flow
21st March 2009, 17:32
You'll only learn courage by taking chances. Play it safe all your life and you'll live with "what if only I'd asked her out", "what if only I'd taken that job but I thought I wasn't good enough", "what if I'd let them download my map".

How off-topic could you possibly get? :D

xXCOLEXx
21st March 2009, 21:54
lol, scuzzy xD
no my computer is not super secret xD
ummmm, well thats true, i guess i should post it, and i shall :D, im just gonna do a couple of things and will post it :)
basic idea of the map is that its an abondand mansion :O, and the Hidden made it its home, and so you will come across some body's that were the Hiddens victims, the I.R.I.S has finnaly tracked it down, they have shut the doors, so, either they have trapped the project in, or has the project trapped them in :O
anyways, the post after my first one, i dun understand, its thatta way ^?
i dont see anything that up xD :P

[TSAT]Flow
22nd March 2009, 03:10
Try this (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=9679)! :D

Paegus
22nd March 2009, 12:14
the post after my first one, i dun understand, its thatta way ^?
i dont see anything that up xD :P

see ging they're invisible

Ging
22nd March 2009, 14:03
that upsets, especially given the line of code I carefully, surgically inserted into the admin section to allow the seperation of stickies from normal posts.

[TSAT]Flow
22nd March 2009, 14:09
that upsets, especially given the line of code I carefully, surgically inserted into the admin section to allow the seperation of stickies from normal posts.

Which you got from another guy... :D

Ging
22nd March 2009, 14:23
Flow;145340']Which you got from another guy... :D

That doesn't reduce the level of upset, nor does it increase it - well, unless scuzzy is upset about it too.

vlees91
22nd March 2009, 22:56
You can deactivate the invisibility of old threads (that actually doesn't happen to sticky's afaik) in your own User Profile (somewhere, where you can chose a lot of options that are set to: Forum Default; just switch that to: Never expire or Show all or whatever it's called)

[TSAT]Flow
23rd March 2009, 15:58
Since this was his first post on the forums, I'm pretty sure that expiring threads weren't the problem... :rolleyes:

Scuzzy
28th March 2009, 12:49
That doesn't reduce the level of upset, nor does it increase it - well, unless scuzzy is upset about it too.

Nah, I'm pretty laid back, you should give me a crack and helping you write real code. :) On a side note, if he really doesn't see them, I wonder what his "Default Thread Age Cut Off" is. I'm not sure if that applies to stickies though (it shouldn't)

Scuzzy