PDA

View Full Version : Global Ban List?

johtajavuorio
11th March 2009, 11:40
I was going to set up a dedicated server (at least every once in a while), and I was wondering if the server admins of the current servers have gathered somekind of an "global" ban list.

Currently I have a list of 500+ steam id:s which Im gonna put on my server ban list, most of these are from the Old Timers Clan ban list(495), but I think the list could be .. doubled?? .. if "all" the server admins would contribute to this.

I know people have different opinions about which offends should lead to a ban, but it would be nice to get all the offenders out from the majority of servers. Those who would be left out for "no reason[old bans from some server, etc]", could come here and try to unlift their bans from certain servers if properly explained.

Comments? BAN LISTS? :confused: Criticism? (definately)

Also:
In my opinion (and at least on my server) constant camping is a reason for a kick if warnings dont help, or if repeated, a ban. People dont seem to realise Subject 617 is the one being hunted not the otherway around. People are just sitting in a corner, praying, weeping.. camping.

-SM-SUCKER
11th March 2009, 13:31
This was discussed before (that's where the search function comes in handy).
I think the main problem would be different policies on different servers. OT bannes for swearing afaik while bunnyhopping is allowed on free cookies.
I remember Paegus putting his banlist up with the temporary bans commented out. Just search for it.

Darkhand
11th March 2009, 16:27
The forum itself could be considered a global banlist, my bans consist of all the cheaters with proof from here (I typically keep the TKers off the list since FF is off, unless there's proof of extreme assiness), along with a few of my own that I manage to catch.

Master of Puppets
12th March 2009, 00:45
Well but still would be nice if there is some place here on forum where admins can post and update their banlist. Each one separately tho for the reasons Prince pointed out.

johtajavuorio
12th March 2009, 07:38
Found an old thread about this and posted on it to "revive" it.
Forum ban list: (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7139)

From the thread:
"
Here is my latest ban list. There are 714 perm bans. This is a composite list from old timers, hidden-stats, forum posts, and personal encounters. This is the list I maintain on Ruiner, PNA, and Knigh7s."
Phaedrus´s LIST: (http://forum.hidden-source.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=549&d=1219984522)

This was discussed before (that's where the search function comes in handy).
I think the main problem would be different policies on different servers. OT bannes for swearing afaik while bunnyhopping is allowed on free cookies.
I remember Paegus putting his banlist up with the temporary bans commented out. Just search for it.

The guy has about 5000 posts, 5 per day, you search for it.. ;)

..and..

Well but still would be nice if there is some place here on forum where admins can post and update their banlist. Each one separately tho for the reasons Prince pointed out.

Exactly what I had in mind. Couldnt we just comment // the different ban groups (is it possible in the cfg file?)

//Hackers
steam id 00
//Intentional teamkilling
steam id 01
//Expert campers
steam id 02

and so forth..

We could start with merging the existing lists to a monster list, which could be then used to clean out the servers.:rolleyes:
I know this sounds harsh, but I have quite a few friends who dont want to play hidden cause of all the tk'ers and campers..

Or you could take only the ID:s from those lists that meet the certain admins demands.:)

Enough for now.. waiting for angry responces!

GING, when o when will we get the new beta? -When the servers are clean? ;)

Fisch.666
12th March 2009, 10:30

Shure, thats true. But maybe we should use at least a service like http://www.steambans.com/ for banning cheaters globally... :)

Scuzzy
14th March 2009, 10:00
The [o-t] Hidden Ban list in my signature contains the bans admins here agree on from demos as well as intentional team kill bans from our own system. 611 count to date, there's a link that gives you a CFG file already formatted.

Scuzzy

johtajavuorio
16th March 2009, 09:41
Ok, thanks Scuzzy.