PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters

Nivek38
11th February 2009, 07:37
ok been head admin of my hidden server for some time now and ive realized one thing. ITS FUCKING IMPOSABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HACKERS AND PPL THAT ARE JUST REALLY GOOD!. Is their any plugin that could help this?.

Genre
11th February 2009, 08:23
It's far from impossible, especially with the aid of the global stats system.

The best thing to do is get a demo (preferably from the suspects perspective) with their SteamID and post it here for review by others in the community.

Most of the "good" players are recognized by other prominent members of the community. If someone plays really well out of the blue, double check it.

Paegus
11th February 2009, 09:18
there is also 2 variations of a tracker plugins for sourcemod.

Scuzzy's Hidden-Trails (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=713664) has a glowing trail that follows the hidden around and is visible only to spectators.

My Team-Aura (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=759734) has a image sprites that are attached to players. IRIS-members can see fellow IRIS's sprites by looking at them or by pressing the use button. For Overrun maps, Hiddens can always see other Hiddens. Spectators always see the IRIS's sprites and depending on a setting all or only admin spectators can see the Hidden's sprite as well.

So with either plugin, all you need to do is spectate the player in question and see how well they track. Just grab a demo of either and it'll be pretty easy to spot. Though I don't think the Hidden-Trails shows through walls so wallhack's haven't-seen-him-yet-but-aiming-right-at detection wont be as easy as with Team-Aura.

Digit*
11th February 2009, 10:16
Yeah...paeg...about those awesome tracker sprites of yours that you made PUBLIC...it's becoming a bit too much of an Olympic Sport to start ghosting on your server. Me and bio mute/kick/ban atleast 3 individuals a day that start ghosting...i'm not too sure if you wanna keep it up like that. :/

Scuzzy
11th February 2009, 10:25
there is also 2 variations of a tracker plugins for sourcemod.

Scuzzy's Hidden-Trails (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=713664) has a glowing trail that follows the hidden around and is visible only to spectators.

My Team-Aura (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=759734) has a image sprites that are attached to players. IRIS-members can see fellow IRIS's sprites by looking at them or by pressing the use button. For Overrun maps, Hiddens can always see other Hiddens. Spectators always see the IRIS's sprites and depending on a setting all or only admin spectators can see the Hidden's sprite as well.

So with either plugin, all you need to do is spectate the player in question and see how well they track. Just grab a demo of either and it'll be pretty easy to spot. Though I don't think the Hidden-Trails shows through walls so wallhack's haven't-seen-him-yet-but-aiming-right-at detection wont be as easy as with Team-Aura.

Didn't know you had this plugin... the sprite download from alliedmods is failing today. :(

biohazard-uk
11th February 2009, 10:26
Dunno if it already is, but should be added to rules so they can see. Even though they wouldn't read rules silencing and warning them works fine...

Its only if they continue after being warned, when map changes and they become unsilenced that its a problem and they get kicked/temp banned. :(

Should be so that you can disable the tracker sprites for certain people that use them to ghost, but sounds abit complex to me... :P

Paegus
11th February 2009, 16:49
Didn't know you had this plugin... the sprite download from alliedmods is failing today. :(

fixed. do you have a problem with the hidden trails being public?

...it's becoming a bit too much of an Olympic Sport to start ghosting on your server...

cba really. i just set it back to admin/res only.

Darkhand
11th February 2009, 20:38
I'm sure there are some 'good' players who are cheating but hide it well enough that you can't be sure. As an admin all you can do is try and watch them as much as possible and hope they slip up one day. They're not really hurting anything if they're blending in as a regular player that well anyway.

Scuzzy
11th February 2009, 20:38
fixed. do you have a problem with the hidden trails being public?

No no, not at all. Just interested to see what this looks like. Does it give everyone a trail, or does it just put the icon above their head?

Scuzzy

Wuped
11th February 2009, 20:52
Yeah...paeg...about those awesome tracker sprites of yours that you made PUBLIC...it's becoming a bit too much of an Olympic Sport to start ghosting on your server. Me and bio mute/kick/ban atleast 3 individuals a day that start ghosting...i'm not too sure if you wanna keep it up like that. :/

Only noobs die to ghosters... >_>
<_<
>_>
Noob
>_>
<_<
>_>

Paegus
11th February 2009, 21:01
No no, not at all. Just interested to see what this looks like. Does it give everyone a trail, or does it just put the icon above their head?

Scuzzy

IRIS get an Infinitum Research logo sprite over their head, the hidden gets an Eye sprite in his chest.
It's for everyone. Live IRIS can see them on other IRIS when pointing at them or pressing the +aura/+use key. Hiddens can always see other hiddens. Spectators can see IRIS and depending on settings either any spectator or only admin spectators can see the Hidden's sprite.

The sprites themselves show throw walls as well (like normal aura) so spotting wallhackers is easier. BHSers/model hackers are similarly obvious.

Digit*
11th February 2009, 21:09
Only noobs die to ghosters... >_>
<_<
>_>
Noob
>_>
<_<
>_>

Oh my...aren't you a funny one. :cool:

Anyway, glad that it's fixed paeg. Was getting tired of mashing the mute button on almost anyone that entered CC.

[TSAT]Flow
12th February 2009, 16:29
... sv_alltalk 0...