PDA

View Full Version : Does a remote voice chat monitoring plugin exist?

Darkhand
4th February 2009, 18:21
I administer my server alot from work (:eek:), and while I can do just about anything I need remotely (chat with players, stop/start the server, ftp, etc.), one thing I can't do is listen in on the voice chat going on.

Does a plugin exist that will send and log voice chat to a remote location, similar to remote chat/stats logging?

I've looked for quite a while (even before I started this particular server), and have never found anything. It seems like a simple enough task as far as vsp or metamod plugins go (intercept all voice chat and pipe it through a sockets-like interface, with a client on the receiving end to grab and play it), but if it were that (relatively) simple I would think it would probably exist by now.

Is there one out there already that I'm just missing? Or am I maybe missing something blatant that makes it much more difficult than I'm thinking it could be?

Paegus
4th February 2009, 19:00
nothing that i'm aware of. though i'd expect the reason one doesn't exist already is the transmission format. if it's proprietary they might not be able or allowed to create a 3rd party application to receive the data stream.

Darkhand
4th February 2009, 19:12
nothing that i'm aware of. though i'd expect the reason one doesn't exist already is the transmission format. if it's proprietary they might not be able or allowed to create a 3rd party application to receive the data stream.

I think the default codec is Speex, which is open source (http://www.speex.org/) and under the BSD license.

-SM-SUCKER
4th February 2009, 20:29
Couldn't you get some invisible player on the server, that transmits the voice?

Sniper
4th February 2009, 20:56
Do something like HLTV work on hidden? That may work.

Darkhand
4th February 2009, 23:48
That was another plan of mine, to always have an HLTV client in game, recording demos of everyone at once, all the time. That way cheaters or troublemakers could be flagged, and the demos reviewed. HLTV doesn't seem to work quite right in Hidden though, it's not able to spectate anyone and is stuck at 0,0,0. Even so, voice does get recorded, but there's really no way to listen in live without connecting to it with a game client, which is what I'm trying to avoid. :)

Sniper
5th February 2009, 00:30
That way cheaters or troublemakers could be flagged, and the demos reviewed.

Isn't that what admins are there for... ;)

Paegus
5th February 2009, 09:00
for times when there is no admin present, ideally a player would use a non-broadcast message to indicate a suspected cheater. a plugin would log it and the appropriate HLTV demo would be reviewed.

unfortunately HLTV doesn't work with H:S, presumably because there's no 'correctly' named entities for it to connect to.

e: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=756052

Darkhand
5th February 2009, 14:16
e: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=756052

Sweet, thanks :)