PDA

View Full Version : Hidden while spectating..

Scuzzy
11th November 2008, 11:58
Where can I get the green glow plugin for specting the hidden? I've seen it on servers, can't find it on sourcemod's site though. (and the alarm tripbombs too)

Scuzzy

Paegus
11th November 2008, 12:38
which server are they on.

the alarm trip-bomb is an event script by phaedrus. he might have converted it to SM but not sure

the green glow one however... never heard about that one. though i can guess at how it's being done.

-SM-SUCKER
11th November 2008, 14:26
Phaedrus was working on a glowing trail the hidden leaves for spectators only. I thought he restricted it to admins, however.

Zabiela
11th November 2008, 14:33
I think its the "physpwnpush" server that has the trail. It changes color based on the hidden's hp.

Sometimes, it bugs and gives the hidden the trail in game, for all the alive players to see.

Paegus
11th November 2008, 15:23
ahh right. Trail-Beams.. gotcha. and probably Phaedrus as well though easy enough to configure using TE_SetupBeamFollow() on players who join the hidden team and send them to dead/admin players only

Phaedrus
11th November 2008, 15:26
That is a private plugin for PNA. Squirrl saw fit to steal it off the FTP, which he has access to for the psychostats. He put it on his 2F4F Beginner and now it appears he has given it to Squalboogie as well for that other server.

Paegus
11th November 2008, 15:46
bummer. if you're going to do private plugins in public places, might i recommend comparing IPs or something?

speaking of which, did you get those fixes to the LogFix plugin sorted out? i miss that guy :)

Phaedrus
11th November 2008, 16:22
That is not exactly a public place, nor is it completely private. Taking someone else's property from a shared storage place is still stealing. And I am not naive; anyone running one of my private plugins has compromised their servers.

As for logfix, it is working fine. The problem was one of interoperability. As I said before, if your plugins are going to alter damage, then they need to prehook player_hurt so other plugins get the correct info.

Paegus
11th November 2008, 17:31
ahh, so the fact that IRIS deaths where showing up regardless of hdn_deathnotice 0 because you generated your own player_death events was in fact my fault?

Phaedrus
11th November 2008, 19:03
Fault? I'm not trying to point fingers. I'm just saying that your plugins were not compatible since they did not prehook player_hurt. Here is what is happening:

Game fires player_hurt.
Sourcemod player_hurt prehook.
Sourcemod player_hurt posthook (default).
Game fires player_death (if needed).

I have already explained all this to you. If you are going to alter the damage, do it in the prehook so other plugins get the right info during the posthook, which is the default. If your plugin isn't going to play nice, don't expect compatibility. You should also prehook so the game console doesn't show incorrect damage readings.

Paegus
11th November 2008, 20:19
Sorry, was meant to be half-joking. Though I'm still slightly fuzzy on why the game was broadcasting player_deaths to everyone in-game when an IRIS got killed by grenades and normal knife attacks. Things none of my plugins touch.

I went through all the plugins and sorted out the nerfed physics hits and shoves generating them erroneously by altering the damage & health levels the LogFix detected. As for the server console, the game's default log output shows the original amount of damage regardless of my tinkering. I'd've needed to intercept and send my own log output which at best defeats the point of your LogFix and at worst doubles the amount of work the server's doing.

Wuped
11th November 2008, 20:40
I think its the "physpwnpush" server that has the trail. It changes color based on the hidden's hp.

Sometimes, it bugs and gives the hidden the trail in game, for all the alive players to see.

Something tells Awesome Server of physpwn does not have this plugin seeing as I own the server and never put it on there.

Zabiela
11th November 2008, 22:26
Something tells Awesome Server of physpwn does not have this plugin seeing as I own the server and never put it on there.

I thought wrong. Your server is great fun btw. I like blocking the generator room with the crates in trainyard :D

Scuzzy
11th November 2008, 23:10
That is a private plugin for PNA. Squirrl saw fit to steal it off the FTP, which he has access to for the psychostats. He put it on his 2F4F Beginner and now it appears he has given it to Squalboogie as well for that other server.

So... with the cat out of the bag can I snag a copy? If not that's ok. :)

Scuzzy

Phaedrus
11th November 2008, 23:28
I'm not releasing plugins anymore. Maybe Paeg can write it for you.

Wuped
12th November 2008, 00:36
I would settle for a plugin that modifid hsm_spech and let everyone not only admins use it, also it would be kind of nice if it wasn't glitched.

Scuzzy
14th November 2008, 02:52
For anyone who wants it:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80492

Scuzzy

Wuped
14th November 2008, 06:51
Scuzzy;141113']For anyone who wants it:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80492

Scuzzy

You're my new best friend.

Scuzzy
14th November 2008, 10:41
It's got a few issues, it once and a while will leave the trail on someone, even though I force a kill of them at the start of the round. *shrug* We'll see if a solution can be made. Everyone on the server loves it, makes learning about the hidden very easy.

Edit: Might have fixed this... not sure yet.

Scuzzy

Paegus
14th November 2008, 12:16
hmm the problem with the follow trails is that they don't 'stop' until the trail catches up with the entity it's following. so a hidden player who has an active trail that hasn't caught up when the round ends will have a trail when the new round starts. you can see his trail zipping across the map even. i suppose the solution there is to stop the timers when the round ends and possibly freeze the players then or have a round-start freezer that lasts long enough for all active trails to catch up completely and 'stop'.

though my alternative method was to have an active list of players and then send a glowsprite (http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/index.php?fastload=show&id=380&) to a randomly selected dead player every game frame. the problem there is that there's no mechanism to colourise those sprites outside of uploading a bunch of .vmts to the clients.

but it still let you track the hidden.

Scuzzy
14th November 2008, 13:59
hmm the problem with the follow trails is that they don't 'stop' until the trail catches up with the entity it's following. so a hidden player who has an active trail that hasn't caught up when the round ends will have a trail when the new round starts. you can see his trail zipping across the map even. i suppose the solution there is to stop the timers when the round ends and possibly freeze the players then or have a round-start freezer that lasts long enough for all active trails to catch up completely and 'stop'.

though my alternative method was to have an active list of players and then send a glowsprite (http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/index.php?fastload=show&id=380&) to a randomly selected dead player every game frame. the problem there is that there's no mechanism to colourise those sprites outside of uploading a bunch of .vmts to the clients.

but it still let you track the hidden.

Hmmm.. That gives me a few ideas. Maybe if after a round is done making the trail extremely small and quick, so that it has to catch up with them. Like0.1. I'll try that tonight, see if that helps. I've moved the "kill trail' piece as well, hoping that S's code for that will help.

Scuzzy

Paegus
14th November 2008, 16:07
yeah but that wont handle existing trails that are long enough not to catch up in time. having multiple short trails and a brief start-up freeze time would do the trick i think. though it's a bunch of extra work for the hidden.

Scuzzy
14th November 2008, 16:37
yeah but that wont handle existing trails that are long enough not to catch up in time. having multiple short trails and a brief start-up freeze time would do the trick i think. though it's a bunch of extra work for the hidden.

Did your version use KillPlayerAttachments? That didn't do anything?

Scuzzy

Darkhand
16th November 2008, 04:48
Plugin is running on the super server! Only run into the trail-on-iris bug once, and it only lasted a few seconds. No matter what you do, sometimes the server doesn't seem to want to kill the tempent right away.

I changed it up a bit; changed the sprite, decreased its width from 20 to 10, and changed the color to fade from blue to red. That part wasn't as easy as I thought, had to change up the color formula to subtract when under 50 health instead of add. Now it starts at blue and adds red down to 50, then starts subtracting blue from 50 to 0 health to become more red.

Scuzzy
17th November 2008, 10:44
I changed it up a bit; changed the sprite, decreased its width from 20 to 10, and changed the color to fade from blue to red. That part wasn't as easy as I thought, had to change up the color formula to subtract when under 50 health instead of add. Now it starts at blue and adds red down to 50, then starts subtracting blue from 50 to 0 health to become more red.

Not really sure why you'd do that, cause now it wont' match the auraview spectrum... but to each his own. :)

Scuzzy

Darkhand
17th November 2008, 14:40
No real reason, just to change it up and stand out a bit among the throngs of servers who will soon be using this awesome plugin. :)

Scuzzy
17th November 2008, 20:02
It was approved yesterday. so it's officially a SourceMod plugin now. It'll be interesting to see how their server tracking stuff works.

Scuzzy

Paegus
17th November 2008, 20:23
they don't list the actual servers. game-monitor lets see what servers AND what versions like so (http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=hidden2&search=hsm_pigshove_version&type=variable&public=&num=10&order=var) as opposed to so (http://www.sourcemod.net/stats.php?mod_id=0&addon_id=497)